Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 8 May 2006

From those friendly folks at Avweb.com and their twice weekley ezine of things aviating....Short Final While working as a controller at Ellsworth Approach Control in the 80's, I heard this exchange. ATC: Western 474, Ellsworth Approach Control is utilizing a certain phase of the radar called circular polarization, which allows us to depict only the most severe areas of weather on the radar display. [Long Pause...] Western 474: Approach, say again, please. [Without error, ATC repeated the alert, (which I had never heard before!)] [second Long Pause...] Western 474: Approach, we don't know what's going on down there, but the co-pilot seems to think that somebody just circumsized a polar bear. Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I was thinking the exact same thing when I posted it. I also expected him to beat you to the first reply with some cutting remark!Doc Bryant

That was too risky for me to comment! And, anyway, those bears get nasty when circumcized!Best regards.Luis

Just like when they get a tooth pulled....and to finish it up with a punchline from a bear joke, "It's not about hunting, is it?"See if you remember that joke!Doc Bryant

Bear joke?Does this have anything to do with a new guy in town in Alaska going to a bar, a fifth of whiskey, an eskimo girl, and a polar bear?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

May as well kill two birds, etc.This bear and this rabbit were talking.The bear asked the rabbit, "Do you have trouble with poop sticking to your fur?"The rabbit said, "No."So the bear picked up the rabbit and used it to wipe his butt.That was potty bear humor.Best regards.Luis

Sign in to follow this