Sign in to follow this  
t_a_h

Win2k - FS2k2 - GF3T200 and sooo many problems!

Hello,here is a nice one! I have a AMD Tb1400+ with an MoBo Abit KG7-Raid, 786 MB DDR RAM, Abit GF3 T200 GraphicCard, Creative Live 5.1 SoundCard, ScSi 2 Interface for the CDRW and Epson G7000 Scanner, Dell 1025HR 17" Screen, SideWinder2 joystick, 1 Network Card, Hauppauge TV Theathre, - Software: latest Driver and Bios for all the Hardware, Windows2k, Office-XP, Norton Utilities2002, FS2k2, DirectX8.1, FSMeteo, FSFlightmax, FSNav 4.5, more than 300 ADDON Sceneries, about 200 Aircrafts, ca. 10 bought Aircrafts.What else do you need to help me?here is THE problem: My PC runs somehow unstable. I have tried all any everthing with the BIOS and with XSetup6.1 Some times ouutlooks crashes, somethimes any mov player crashes, sometimes just the whole PC srashes. Sometimes just when I am burning a CDR. ;o(So, about every time I start FS2k2, it just crashes or it freeses some minutes later. I have tried about every tweak with the craphiccard and even moved the Fs2002.cfg out of its original location, so fs2k2 has to build it again. No use at all.All my HDDs (have 3 and every HDD has about 4 partitions) are defragmentated and FS2k2 has it's own partition of 21 GB. My OS has its own, about all programs are on the second partition. I even created a separat partition just next to the OS of about 1,5GB just for the swap file.So, somehow my OS is unstable and FS2k2 will not runn. I am about to delete my OS and formate the c partition and rebuild my Win2k!!! I have an copy of an sadly old image of the OS-Partition I could try so work with.Any idea what to do???Ciaot_a_h

Guest Lobaeux4

Sounds what I've been going through the last three-four days. Did you add the latest VIA 4in1 drivers. The 38's? I'm not sure if that's the problem, you may want to try uninstalling those and putting something else, like the 36's in. Use regcleaner to make sure you get it all. But, here's the kicker and what I think cured me a little. My computer sits in a little compartment in my desk. I've got a fan on the back of the case and the little one on the cpu itself, but that's it. If you're overclocking at all, including your video card, it's going to get hot. I actually had a big house fan, sitting in front of my computer, the case is off, and it seemed to keep the temps down pretty well. The wife took it away, coincidentall, or not, the same day FS2K2 started acting weird. I'd get some flying in, then it'd freeze up when on approach. Or I'd take off and it'd just drop me to the desktop. The wife brought a smaller, still powerful fan home for me, I put it inside my little computer compartment, voila!, the temps have dropped by at least 10C, both system and CPU. I think this is what was causing my problems. I was able to run PSS Airbus, FSMeteo, FS Skyworld, and Gary Summons' Heathrow, with worldai at 70% and no crash. It got a little slow, because of the "back to safe" tweaking I did. Try getting some more cooling for your computer. Hope this helps.Lobaeux

Well, I am monitoring the temp. While in normal windows operation it gets about 55 C to 57 C grade. When I am flying it gets up to 60 and 61. Is there the prob? I have one strong CPU cooler, a PC housing coole this large one in upper part of the big-tower and a second CPU cooler ven scewed to the ven grid of the inner back side of the tower just where the cpu sits under the power supply. So, even now the temp gets high. I have no freaking room left in the tower to attach another cooler. I could try and buy a new one what is normal to run a AMD 2100XP. In my apartment the room temp is now about 24 grade C and the tower sits under my large desk in one corner of the room. Is it realy just the temp, not the power supply what gets too much drain? What about that I run three different HDDs?Ah, why should I try the one version older 4in1 driver package? And where do I get this?Please email me this via 4in1 you are talking about.mailto:t-a-h@t-a-h.com