Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 31 July 2006

from those wonderful folks at Avweb.com..... AirVenture, some pilots just don't get it. On the return home Saturday I heard the following exchange as I headed southbound passing Madison, WI. Warrior 123 was heading north and already receiving a Flight Following Service from Madison Approach. Warrior 123: Madison, Warrior 123. Can you tell me if there is a NOTAM or anything for getting into Oshkosh? Madison Approach: Say Again ... Warrior 123: Yeah. Can you tell me if there is any kind of special NOTAM for getting into Oshkosh today? [Long Pause] Madison Approach: You're kidding, right? Warrior 123: No, my [garbled] was out and I couldn't get anything before I took off. Can you tell me what the arrival procedure is? [Longer Pause] Madison Approach: (speaking slowly) I suggest you land before you get there and get a copy. There's one here at Wisconsin Aviation ... or Middleton is in your 10 o'clock. Warrior 123: Standby ... Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Doc,That seems to happen EVERY year.Last year as I was taxiing out to runway 36 for departure, one of the flagmen along the taxiway could see my VFR departure sign in the windshield, but then he held something up and pointed to it. I looked at him puzzled as first, then he signalled me to stop moving. As he walked closer to my airplane, I could see he was holding a copy of the AirVenture NOTAM in his hand. I held up my copy, open to the departure page for him to see. He flashed a smile of approval and away I went!I am still finishing up the postings from my trip this year. All that remains to be organized are the departure snapshots from my video camera system. I posted my snaps from the arrival video last night.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TNwww.n2prise.org

Love your pictures, Jerry. It's a lot better than being there since I don't have to take the heat!Best regards.Luis

Looks like another fun time at KOSH, Jerry!Perhaps it's time to add the red cup and camera to your "Before Engine Start" checklist. Those guys are indeed taking a lot of punishment.Cheers, Dave H.

Sign in to follow this