Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final for 25 September 2006

From Avweb.com's twice weekly on line newsletter. Now with video clips too!Remind me, again. What did I just say?(Heard at KRFD the other day as we turned to final in a King Air.)Cessna123: Cessna123 ready to go Runway 19.Tower: Hold short for traffic on final.Cessna123: Ready to go 19.Tower: I already told you to hold short.Cessna123: Do you want me to take the runway?Tower: If killing yourself and others is at the top of your agenda today, I'd rather you did it somewhere other than Runway 19, just now.Cessna123: Hold short Runway 19.Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Doc,Bless you for keeping this forum active, even though we don't have near the participation that we had when ProPilot was going strong.It would be nice if all of the former members of this community would participate once again by posting in this thread. I would like to have my memory refreshed. I doubt that we will here from Meekal.

Time for all the LURKERS to check in and be counted one more time!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TNwww.n2prise.orgFlying in the real world!

You brought it up for a vote. I seconded it this time, rather than being the instigator."The chair calls the House to order. All representatives are asked to approach the podium and be recognized."Now it is official!

[font size="5" color="#FF0000"][strong]ROLLLLLLL CAAALLLLLLL![/strong][/font]

Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Well, that really woke me up. Hi, guys, how's everything?Nothing new here, except that we haven't had a hurricane even come close to us this year. Very strange, probably due to global warming or one of those other "unproven" phenomena.Not that I'm complaining - after all, it's always hot here, so global warming won't change much. But, what will they do in North Dakota in the winter months?Of course, the season is only half over, so anything can happen.Best regards.Luis

>

[font size="5" color="#FF0000"][strong]ROLLLLLLL>CAAALLLLLLL![/strong][/font]

Hi Jerry,I heard that one all the way out here in the AZ mountains.I would have checked in earlier, if I had known they've changed thesystem to remember your name and password, instead of having to totally redo it if you are "gone for a while".Much water and more than a few tears have washed overthe dam since I last checked in here. But, my Lab mix Sally is still around, and still loves me. :-) The ProPilot "active forum" days were very good.Greetings to all you'all.:-wave :-beerchug

"The ProPilot "active forum" days were very good."Dan,You've got that right. I was a bit depressed when S????a decided not to continue with the 2000 version.Glad to have ya'll check in,

There were some Flame Wars as I recall. My sim is better that yours, etc. The one thing about it was that the surviving sims have since incorporated all the features that premiered in PP99 and PP2000. Albeit, a 2 GHZ Leviathan is required to make those things work as well as PP99/2000 did on a 200 MHz to 450 MHz P2 processor.And then there was Cooter (Red Neck Aviation) and Penelope (Red Neck Chick)....Who was that really?Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry,I thought everyone knew that the Moderator (Mickey Wilkerson)posted as "Cooter" and "Penelope".

I did not know that. I now call for the Moderator to be flogged with the Singapore Switch. I think Lindy still has it. Failing that, he should be forced to change out Grimes light bulbs atop C46 fuselages in the Arctic Circle during the winter months, armed only with a failing C cell flashlight, worn out Phillips screw driver and wearing only a hula skirt and a tank top. And an additional 2 years of being able to get NASCAR information only in Latvian.If I am feeling generous, I might substitute the above if the Moderator agrees to follow Jerry around for the next two years making Star Trek door opening and closing sounds when ever Jerry touches a door.Doc BryantThere, off to the archives with you to see how many threads I got into this post!

No, it can't be. Is it? Really... Dan? Dan Pursel? Well, heck, nice to see you around. Yes, the forum is tricky about checking in often or getting booted out. So, the solution is to check in often! Subtle hint.How's the pretty sports car, Dan?And speaking of door sounds, it just happens that I collect those trekkie sounds:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/157487.zipJust one of my many failings.Probably only Jerry will bother, but I hope that you enjoy them, Jerry. I also put in the HAL9000 "my mind is going..." just because it is a classic.My favorite (non-trekkie) sound, though, is not there. It is:P.G.: "My name is Pussy Galore."J.B.: "I must be dreaming."Hyuk, hyuk, still cracks me up. (Is this something that would amuse Cooter and Pen?)Best regards.Luis

>How's the pretty sports car, Dan?Going strong, 25,000 miles. No damage other what living on a dirt road does to a daily driver's paint.A new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 2's. For only $1600.Haven't collected any guard rails or rock walls on our mountain roads.Not yet, and not for a lack of "trying". :-) << skip, skip >>>>My favorite (non-trekkie) sound, though, is not there. It is:>P.G.: "My name is Pussy Galore.">J.B.: "I must be dreaming.">>Hyuk, hyuk, still cracks me up. (Is this something that would>amuse Cooter and Pen?)>>Best regards.>LuisOK, I have three "all time favorite quotes".1. "The world is full of data, much of it yearning to be analyized".2. "You can NEVER have too much ammo". ( a "nameless" co-worker ).And, Strother Martin, the sadistic "Chain Gang Captain", to Paul Newman in "Cool Hand Luke", after some "minor" physical problems lead to Paul's near death.3. "What we have here...is a failure to communicate."I was "famous" in GM staff meetings for using this quote in responseto stupid proposals advanced by stupid staffers.But, I got it wrong.I always said,"What we have here, . . (long, pregnant pause). . . , is a BASIC failure to communicate".I like my version better. It did NOT advance my career.Glad you haven't been hit by any "little storms".Dan

"Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.... The Porkster Rides Again!" "A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust, and a hearty 'Hi-yo Silver!" Tallpilot and Pork A pork and a pugTallpilot has checked in :-)