Sign in to follow this  
David_FFC

Short Final for 30 October

While returning from a cross country into Ellington Field... Tower: Warrior 123, enter right downwind for 35L. Warrior 123: Roger, downwind 35L Tower: Warrior 123, wind calm, cleared for 22 if you like. Warrior 123: Roger. Cleared for 22. (Short pause) Warrior 123: Tower, am i cleared for 22? Because ther is a truck in the middle of the runway... Tower: Warrior 123, go around. Warrior 123: [While applying power and retracting flaps] Could you get him to move over, because I don't think I can get around him. Tower: GO AROUND! GO AROUND! GO AROUND! What can I say? Sometimes the little devil on my shoulder wins. Dave H.Fayetteville, GA(Blimey! Can't believe I got to post one these before anyone else!)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep, it's called earning a living! I was out in beautiful far west Texas today (as I was Friday and Saturday) riling up the troops at a house of corrections. It looks like I will be making many day trips out there in the next two or three months.Doc Bryant

Hey Dave, just wondering, how's the flying coming along? Do you get much time up in the air?Best regards.Luis