Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

And now for something completely different

Enjoy the following pictures. My apologies that they are not super gigantic size. I wish they were super gigantic size. The picture is of my niece, Katherine.Can you guess what aircraft she is in?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Same aircraft. Different seat.For the Super Grand Prize, for best outta the blue guess....Can you tell me what she does for a living?Doc Bryant

>Alright, here's a clue to both questions!Mmm... C-17?Marco

Aw! you gave it away, Doc. From the first picture, I thought it was the right seat of a Lincoln Navigator and from the second picture it seems that she is a safety inspector.But, the third picture gives the final clue. It is not a Lincoln, but a Caddy! Too big for me, those gas guzzlers.What's the airplane picture for?Were you on another tour at the local airfield?Best regards.Luis

I am such a dummy! Thanks, Doc, for setting me right. It seems that the Caddy belongs to the Army (or Air Force, or one of those doodads.)So, now we know why the defense budget is so bloated - it is not the Iraq invasion, but because they are buying Cadillacs!Well, I am all for buying American, but wouldn't a Hyundai be more sensible?Best regards.Luis

>It seems that the Caddy belongs to the Army (or Air Force, or one of those doodads.)>>So, now we know why the defense budget is so bloated - it is>not the Iraq invasion, but because they are buying Cadillacs!>>Well, I am all for buying American, but wouldn't a Hyundai be more sensible?But Luis, they are helping pay my pension :-) :-beerchug

Oh, well, Dan, I take it back then. Buy as much of the General's cars as possible, Mister Rumsfeld. (Wait, is he still around?)By the way, I've always had an Olds (you may laugh!) and am sorry that they are no longer around.Best regards.Luis

Doc finally and confidentially revealed the secret of those pictures to me. Thanks, Doc.I still think she would do better to be a safety inspector at G.M. It's bound to have a better pension plan than her present occupation. At least, one would think seeing Dan's pretty sports car.Best regards.Luis

Luis,I was listening to NPR today and the discussion came up about GM and the fact that they are cutting retiree benefits. Other US companies are doing the same to become more competitive in the world marketplace.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

That is just astonishing, Jerry. Commercial pilots, auto workers, does nobody get a pension any more?Best regards.Luis

>I still think she would do better to be a safety inspector at G.M.>It's bound to have a better pension plan than her present occupation. >At least, one would think seeing Dan's pretty sports car.>LuisOK, four points:1. When you retire at age 54, the pension "ain't real big". :-)2. So, it was the 401(k) rollover into an IRA that bought the "pretty sports car".3. Man 'oh Man, it's a raging road-race track special Vette, not just a "pretty face". Kinda like the difference between "driving" a "real GOOD woman", and an "eye-candy blonde". :-roll 4. I was a Engineering Staff "safety engineer", not a factory "safety inspector". You just don't know how WIDE THE DIVIDE between salaried and Union. Unfortunately, that has been a long-time "part of the US car problems". :-jumpy But, then I wouldn't expect you to know all "the details".Hope all is well down in "warmland". :-wave

>I was listening to NPR today and the discussion came up about>GM and the fact that they are cutting retiree benefits. Other>US companies are doing the same to become more competitive in>the world marketplace.GM has been "cutting" salaried benefits for years.With the stated goal of "so the union will help by cutting a bit too".Never happened. They will go down the tubes before "giving in".For many years, we paid NOTHING for health, prescriptions, dental, vision, and pretty good life insurance.Now, we have monthly contributions, deductibles, and co-pays up the you know what.Which came about when the Japanese started eating our lunch, and we didn't respond well AT ALL. But, I've always said, our salaried benefits may have been "cut",but most people in the country would LOVE to have our benefits.For instance:My health insurance "monthly contribution" is going up in 2007 to $110 from $94/month in 2006. For myself and my wife.The exact same coverage, from the exact same company, through AARP is$358 per month for my wife ONLY.Gee, I wonder how I know that right now ? :-hah

Sure, sure, Dan, you must love that Vette (always my dream car when I was a kid), but you don't show a lot of pictures of her.It would be so great to have the top-down model, except it gets really hot here and I have come to appreciate the air-conditioning.Best regards.Luis