Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Something completely different

This is something I sent out to my mailing list readers the other day...It does have a connection to aviation:I apologize to you dear reader. I was sent this link last month. Not only did I neglect to check it out for myself, I neglected to share it with you.Let me set the stage....The link allows you to download a movie in Windows Media Format (wmv file).The movie is about a watch. A Pilot's Watch. You know, one of those whacking great gobs of Platinum, Stainless Steel or Gold, maybe a combination of two of the preceding...A watch that weighs in at slightly less than a pound. A watch that costs more than the first car we ever bought.There are at least three people who will be receiving this email that know of watches such as this. And one or two people who own a similar variant called the "Dive Watch."More of the recipients of this email will recognize a pair of World War II vintage British Spitfire fighter aircraft. Some will recognize the other aircraft featured.Many might recognize John Malkovich who appears in the film. Some might recognize the hotel as the Fairmont Copely Plaza in Boston. And the Boston Public library in the background.And finally one of you will recognize something in the movie very similar to what your father did using a P-40 over the beach at Atlantic City, New Jersey during World War II.http://iwc-media.futurecom.ch/technics/pil.../pilots_big.wmvDoc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!