Sign in to follow this  
Jerry_K_Thorne

Annual check up....Who's there?

I just called to set my appointment for my annual physical. My aviation medical is next year, so my flying is good for another year.I also wanted to see who is stopping by. I see posts from Larry Adamson over at the Van's Air Force forum, so I know he is still alive and well. That makes it time for the rest of you to answer the ROLL CALL again.Consider this your annual reporting time of your physical condition as a follower of this forum."Tell us what is new with you" if you care to share.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Get with the spirit of the moment. Surely, you can do better than a "smiley" face emoticon? (Don't call me Shirley!) But then we would be talking about another kind of [strong]Airplane![/strong]Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

I am still here, but where is Doc?Anyway, we are pleased to announce some new additions to our family, the birth of 9 (!!!!) little peachicks:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170530.jpgThey are peeping and chirping, brightening up our lives. About 5 weeks from now, the moms will kick them out! Then, they will lay some more eggs and we will have some more little peachicks. Then, thankfully, the mating season will be over.So, the count for the moment is: 15 adults (9 males and 6 females) and 9 babies. They males spend their time fighting and they all dirty the terrace, thus the garden hose in my futile attempt to keep this place clean.Best regards.Luis

The Cap'n is still hangin around these parts. :-) Lil Red (The Viking) is down for some minor maintenance so yesterday I flew an Instrument Proficency check in a rented Cessna 172. One sure gets rusty when there isn't very much instrument weather here in the Desert Southwest. Ed Weber a.k.a. tallpilot

Doc is here....working! In the last three weeks I have clocked 176 hours.There have been few worthy "Short Finals" on the Avweb site, so I have not bothered posting the lame ones.Brother Luis, nice to see the additions to the family. My family here at Casa Doc is still numbering two, myself and Brother Maynard. Although he is having great difficulty with his hips these days.But we are still a team!Doc Bryant

Greetings to all,After much difficulty getting logged in, I am finally able to post. I don.t remember if I told y'all that I had quadruple Cardiac artery by-pass surgery in late October, 2004. Anyway, I am now hosting an ICD and doing okay.My best to all,

>"Tell us what is new with you" if you care to share.I still check in on occasion.Here's my usual long-winded post. From the champion of long-winded posts, as you all know.So, here is me breaking "the record", by a metric mile. News:Not much. My legal separation is still "in progress". After a year apart, last Nov. she "filed the lawsuit" because things weren't happening fast enough. Although she was getting half my pension and I "generously" gave herhalf of my Soc. Security, although not legally required to do so.If you think that the latter "earned me brownie points", you don't know "good female lawyers". :-) Two years ago the "Pursel Living Trust" owned our house free and clear.Now, Wells Fargo owns half of the original house. I own the other half.And, she owns half of her very nice condo in Prescott. A mortgage co. owns the other half.And, we haven't split "our" main IRA.Which is good for her, because I've made us a ton of money in energy sectors.Although, as a VERY GOOD DEMOCRAT, she probably will want to returnthe money I've made us through Halliburton. Did I mention she isthe President of the Arizona Federation of Democratic Women ?And, I've become an arch-conservative and right-wing gun nut.That makes her a "Moonbat" and me a "WingNut".Used to make for interesting dinner conversation. USED TO ! ! !My wife has complained it costs her $20 for each call to her lawyer.Hey, she "filed the lawsuit". "WE" (our lawyers) all tell the judge "we can settle things" at each"Conflict Resolution Management" conference he holds. Not happening.We go to the pre-trial hearing at the end of May.By now I'm quite good at cooking, shopping, house-cleaning, and washing clothes. My (and "our") friends marvel that I'm now living a model home.But, compared to "before", it was "easy to upgrade". Only took a year. Tall Pilot would ABSOLUTELY NOT believe the current pristine refrigerator interior.A result of hard and fast rules:1. Buy it. Eat it.2. If there are leftovers, eat them the next day.3. If there are STILL leftovers, throw 'em out. Or, would he believe the house's current "model home" look. :-)I'm very busy making "Hiking Trail Guides" for the Prescott Nat'l Forest.The government calls them "ROGs". Recreational Opportunity Guides.Your government at work. As a volunteer, I have to buy the needed computer software to work at home.See, saves you tax dollars.Your government at work. For free. At my expense. Health:Well, for the last year, I have been killing myself.Just like I tried to do in the early '80's. And VERY nearly succeeded then. If your liver stops functioning, you get "pretty sick" in a hurry.I stopped drinking for 10 years.But, lately I've been doing a very good job of "trying to kill myself again".My well-being has been "yo-yo"ing for mediocre to very poor the last year.24 days ago I stopped drinking.I feel extremely good after getting over the withdrawal symptoms.And have a LOT of energy.Surprise ! ! ! :-rollYou may fill in the cliches""Not the brightest star in . . .""Not the sharpest knife in . . ."Etc., Etc.But, life is good.Lab mix Sally gives me total unconditional love.In return for food.And, endless petting.It's not a accident "food" is first.With apologies to John Cougar Mellencampfor stealing his "Little Dittie about Jack and Diane". "little diddy, about Jack and Diane 2 American kids growin up, in the heartland."Quite a bit later, after some familar "our problems". "Oh yeah, life goes on Long after the thrill of livin is gone Oh yeah, they say life goes on Long after the thrill of livin is gone"Well, THAT is total BS.The #### with you, John, you pessimistic creep.I've put the thrill of living BACK in my life. Hope all of you are having as good a time as I am. :-) :-wave :-)

>Greetings to all,>>After much difficulty getting logged in, I am finally able to>post. I don.t remember if I told y'all that I had quadruple>Cardiac artery by-pass surgery in late October, 2004. Anyway,>I am now hosting an ICD and doing okay.>>My best to all,My BEST to you Bill !Makes my little self-imposed health "problem" seem trivial.Take care.Dan

Good to hear from Bill and Dan. Hang in there, guys. I always say to myself that today is the best day in my life... tomorrow is bound to be worse!!!Carpe diem as some wise man once said.Best regards.Luis

Daniel,Sorry to be so tardy with this reply.At the exact present moment, I am smoking my pipe. I favor a locally made blend (of which I have the exact recipe). Earlier this evening I was smoking a Hoyo De Monterrey Royal Sterling, Honduran mfg. It's Honduran Claro wrapper (I know, quite the change from my usual double maduros) with a broadleaf binder (Connecticut origin) while the filler is a mixture of Honduran, Dominican and Nicaraguan leaf.In the truck, awaiting work are some Gloria Cubana Serie R's #7 which is really my size of cigar, a 58 by 7. Oh if it were maybe 60 by 8, but alas. I have double maduro and the natural wrapper versions awaiting.Earlier this week I enjoyed a few Fuente Double Chateaus. The big ones of course. And my mainstay Hoyo De Monterrey Sultans in Double Maduro. But I cleaned the shop out of them so as you can see from above, I have had to make do!I hope this answers your question!Doc Bryant

I'm still around too. Was know as spitzz previously. Amazing that the forum is still here. I see lots of the old crowd missing though.Regards Pete

Pete,Glad to see you show up and check in. We are the die-hards who maintain the vigil here, not for the Flight Simulator that started this portal, but for the friendships that remain. Oh, there are occasional stragglers who pop in for a quick question about ProPilot, but they are getting few and far between.Welcome back, for however many posts you may wish to share.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Well, here I am - I saw this thread going on two weeks ago, now. 'Bout time I replied. I finally got a picture of my grandson in a Diamond DA-20 (we didn't fly that day - it was staged to simulate the day we flew back in Feb). I'll get that here tomorrow.Well, our last child (of 5) is graduating high school on Fri, 26th May.She's been learning English riding the last 8-10 years, and works part-time at a vet clinic. But, she thinks she's tired of that, and wants to work at Office Depot or elsewhere for more money. But, her people skills need improving - I bet she comes back to the animals. Anyway, her grades are pretty good, but she really isn't college material. We're been trying to find some good tech schools having anything to do with animals - kind of hard.My Army son Dan has been back from Baghdad since just after Christmas. He showed us a video his unit put together of them getting rid of IED's, set to the tune of some heavy metal head banger music - it goes together quite nicely. He did his defusing from 8Pm to 4am Mon-Sat. Makes any of my problems kind of vanish, you know? When he got back after a tour like that I knew he'd get impatient with people who took their time, plodding along, etc. Sure enough - I saw him a couple of times with a very exasperated look on his face that said "don't these people know what they're doing?" Couldn't blame him one bit - he didn't put up with his kid's stuff either (8 and 5 yr-old's). He is pretty much a real softie with his almost 1-yr old daughter, though. She was born just before he left in July.He was supposed to go to Afghanistan later this year, for a about a year - but instead he's got orders to that hardship area called Ft. Walton Beach, FL for 2 years to be an EOD instructor. That'll give me an excuse to fly to the gulf now.Well, that's the latest from Fayetteville, GA. I think I've written a little less than long-winded Dan P. I bet I can beat you Dan, though, without much effort.Dave H.

Dave,Being an instructor for Explosive Ordinance Disposal can save a lot of lives.I found myself talking about that day we visited Atlanta Center with a guy who was recently flying with me in my RV-9A.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TNwww.n2prise.org