Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe Rush

Well, I can't believe y'all are still cruising this for...

I still remember your names. Miss the old days, development and testing of Pro Pilot. Cheers to you all! Joe RushPro Pilot QA Engineer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Has been a long, long time, but I remember your name too! :D RIP to good old Pro-Pilot. A funeral and gravestone dedication took place in my rock filled backyard, back in the latter part of 1999, when Pro-Pilot 2000 was in beta, but somehow died. In attendance were Pork, Lindy, and Casey, who were often found on this forum. Drinks were served afterwards, along with a toast to the dearly departed.This hallowed site, is now covered with a shed... :-hah Yes, time moves fast! L.Adamson

Yep, we still be here...the hard core sim flyers that had the best Win95/98 flight sim around with more features before the other programmer guys had to follow suit! PP99 had good flight models. You guys would respond to the glitches we found with a good patch to make it better. It was a good collaboration between ALL of US and ALL of YOU at Dynamix.Thanks, Joe!Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Hello Joe,How well I remember. I was disappointed that I didn't get a copy of the 2000/Beta 2000 version, before they pulled the plug. I sure would like to have it.Thanks,

I still have VERY fond memories of Pro Pilot.Even though I did beta testing for FLY! and FlyII. :-)May they all rest in peace.But, I refuse to throw away "the boxes" and manuals.They are sort of "shrines" on my computer software bookshelf.Dan

I still have the hardware lying about, and all the other stuff too. Although it's covered in paperwork on my desk top. Not the computer desktop..the real desktop.At least its safe, my new dog hasn't found a way to eat it yet.Doc Bryant

>At least its safe, my new dog hasn't found a way to eat it yet.Hi Doc, I've obviously been a "bad boy" here, because I haven't heard about your "new dog".Around my place, the one "constant positive" is Sally. A Lab mix. She's had a "gray beard" for a few years, but is still "really active".She loves to go with my girlfriend and I to our special place in the Nat'l Forest Mountains to target shoot (mostly air rifle).Nothing like a dog to provide "unconditional love".When I leave, Sally "assumes this position" until I return.The road on the ridge is her focus. She runs down the hill to greet me when I return in the Vette, since it's easy to identify.She has to wait until I turn into my drive when I'm in my "blue pickup". Too many pickups around here "to be sure".That's "Bill William's Peak" in the background. 35 air miles away. The town of Williams, on Interstate 40, is on the far side.The "Gateway to the Grand Canyon". Two hours from my house to the GC.That would be three of Hxxxx's four horses in the picture. Sorta sad. Hxxx has gone to live with his girlfriend.And, is dying from pancreatic cancer."Wife" Jxxxx feeds the horses, and scoops up the "stuff" twice a day.That makes me think "my condition in life" is pretty #### good.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180068.jpgThis is the "same view" to the north, through the door to the north patio.Sally checks "often" for intruders. For some reason, I only see cottontails on "my little patch of real grass".Although, as I bike ride "around" the State Trust Land square miles, I see plenty of jackrabbits. And, antelope.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180069.jpg

Let's catch you up then Dan....Brother Maynard is also getting very gray. He's got arthritis now, but once he gets on his feet, he's pretty mobile. I give him some sort of Doggie Vioxx which helps greatly. He also takes some other pills, which I guess help.Squeek is the new addition. She's been here five months or so. I found her at work. She is a female Australian Shepherd. She rules the roost. Or eats it. She has eaten the low voltage wiring harness for my air conditioner twice. I also note she has munched the wires to the irrigation system. And recently she tore up the cover to my spa. If she wasn't so cute and obedient otherwise, she would be history. I have been working 65 hour weeks since January, all on the night shift, so I do not have the time to pay attention to her like I should. Brother Maynard is low maintenance. He just requires space on my bed and food. Plus of course the dog party when I go to bed or get up. Squeek gets her attention at feeding time and when I go to work.See attached picture of her sitting on the spa. The spa cover no longer looks that good. And in the background is the air conditioner which she ate. It now looks armor plated.Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this