Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Short Final, Honest, a Short Final!

From those wonderful folks at Avweb.com....Short FinalRomance in the air is alive and well. While on a CAP flight I heard the following over departure control:Control:Bonanza 123, squawk 4567.A short while later ...Control:Bonanza 123, do you have a passenger named [woman's first name] aboard?Bonanza 123:Affirmative.Control:Can you put her on? We are holding an important message for her.Bonanza 123:Stand by.[pause]Bonanza 123 (woman's voice):This is [woman's name].Control:We have been asked to relay a message to you from [man's name] in [aircraft number]. Are you ready to copy?[pause]Bonanza 123 (woman's voice):Yes.Control:[Man's name] sends the following message: "Will you marry me?"Bonanza 123:[garbled transmission]Control:We didn't get that. What is your answer?Bonanza 123 (woman's voice):I would be honored.Control:Bonanza 123, we copy and will relay.[pause]Cap Flight 2237:Cap Flight 2237 offers best wishes to the bride.Delta 0000:Delta 0000 offers best wishes to the bride.Control:Bonanza 123, Cap Flight 2237 and Delta 0000 send best wishes to the bride.Bonanza 123 (woman's voice again): Thank you.CAP Flight 2237:Nice to know romance on the airways is alive and well. Over 3,000 hours up here, and I never heard anything like that.Control:Me either. We have never played cupid before.Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, "short".I get those emailed to me also.And, I forgot to reply back whenyou responded to my question.That is one GOOD-LOOKING dog! :-waveDan

Dan, She is good looking. Alas, her looks don't overshadow her behavior. Thinking about that sentence makes me wonder if I don't have the Paris Hilton of dogs? Substitute "eat or destroy" for the verb denoting action that Ms. Hilton is most known for as in, "Paris Hilton is definitely attractive, but she will eat or destroy anyone in sight."It got cold the other night, so I placed an old mattress cover on the back porch for the dogs to share. Squeek destroyed it. The back yard now looks like a cotton field after the stripper* came through.But, she does have her looks.Doc Bryant*stripper, a mechanical device to remove cotton bolls from the cotton plant. Not a lady of suspect dancing skills showing equally suspect breasts for financial renumeration.

Well, this sounds familiar. My new dog is also a stripper. She has destroyed pants, shoes, beds, and just this morning she tore a piece off the carpet! This is bound to create trouble when it is noticed later on today. I am in for it.The redeeming feature for me is that she is full of love and life, an enthusiastic and happy little thing. But, I am still in for it.Best regards.Luis

Sign in to follow this