Sign in to follow this  
Doc Bryant

Brother Maynard

Friends, I just wanted to let you know that Brother Maynard, my senior dog who has graced my home for 15 plus years (we are trying to pin exactly how old he was) died sometime during the wee small hours of this morning.Now I am stuck with that #### eat anything Squeek.Doc Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So sorry to hear about Maynard.When a great friend passes on, it's very hard to take.All you'all have heard the following story before. But,it makes me feel good to repeat it.When I was "taking care" of my Dad in Kansas after hisheart valve replacement, my dog Zip (Zipper) passed on.Because, my wife ignored "my orders" about his meds.The vet said, If he didn't eat for two days, bringhim to to the vet "NOW" for the antidote to his meds.She was "very busy" with all her "political party"responsiblities and activies. So, she took him inthree days later.They put him away. Too late, his liver was trashed,and too late for the "antidote". And, she didn't wantto pay for "ashes". So, he's somewhere down deep inthe Yavapai County "Gray Wolf Landfill" now.Before I left to take care of my Dad, I promisedZippy if things "didn't work out", I'd bury him inthe spot he liked to sit and look out over "the view". But, it didn't happen. And, my Dad had a "littleproblem" and didn't recover well either. But, ittook four years of problems for him to die.Not a good "set of years".But, my wife is gone. Still alive, but totally outof my life. Zippy wasn't the "only problem". But,he was part of it. And, my Lab mix Sally and Iare doing great. Without her. Sorry to hear about Maynard. You never forget "a good dog".They sure are man's best friend. Undying love, for justa bit of food and a LOT of attention. {:^)Give Squeek a big hug for me. He'll (she'll ?) shape up. {:^)Dan

>A very sad day for all of us in the ProPilot community. My>sympathies to Doc.>Same here...We have two dogs, and they are family.L.Adamson

Dan:I have already started the training and rehabilitation program with Sqeek. I have also been offered a six week old German Shepherd puppy and two other dogs. I have told all the prospective donors that Casa Doc is a one dog house.If I can attach it, I am thinking of having a bronze plaque made for the back yard. I recalled a similar stanza concerning a Scottish regiment in WWI that gave their all defending a patch of ground in France. I wish I could remember more of the details as it was a very moving piece about dedication to duty.Doc Bryanthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181851.jpg

Sign in to follow this