Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Best wishes to all

Another year, another round of drunken parties. And why not? We won't be here forever, so we might as well enjoy it while we can.So, happy holidays and be careful when driving - lots of inebriated party-goers on the road (myself included).Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ahh yes, it's party season. I have been to two thus far. A miserable one that I was paid to attend, and one hosted by two chefs. The food was so good there I did not bother with dinner later on that night.Tomorrow night's party will be a true drunk front moving in. It's hosted by a wine merchant.I have already received my Christmas present, so no need for me to behave!Doc Bryant

Doc,I like your straight forward attitude about life and things in general. I have been having a few easy days at home, but that changes on Christmas Day when I head for Florida to see some friends down that way. I will be hanging out down that way until New Year's day when I will once again go "over the river and through the woods" to get back to home base. I will avoid the interstate highways as much as possible. I have seen the INCREDIBLE traffic jams that develop as a lot of folks head out of Florida all at the same time.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Jerry,I am going to do a little travelling shortly after Christmas. With two friends I will be headed to Dallas for a concert by the group "Trans Siberian Expressway" at the Reunion Arena. One of the party in my group whined about my choice of hotels. It was fifty bucks more expensive than the hotel he favored. It was also twenty miles closer to the concert venue. Since I was in charge of the logistics, I compromised on his choice and made the reservations. The conversation went something like this."I need three rooms for Friday night.""We can accommodate you sir.""Well, I need three kings, two smoking, one non smoking.""Yes sir. We can do that, anything else?"by this time my banter with the reservations person had made us great friends..."You wouldn't happen to have a suite lying about unused on Friday would you?""Why yes sir, we do.""You know, I think I would like that. Put Mr. H in the non smoking room, Mr. R in the smoking king, and I will take the suite.""Would you like suites for the other two gentlemen?""No, one whines about spending money and the other owes me money. Put them in the cheap rooms."Doc Bryant

Sign in to follow this