Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Baby, it's cold!

Winter is finally here - it is about 18 degrees right now. You would never think that this was the tropics! I thought that it was all about "global warming", but it feels like a new Ice Age to me.No, no, just kidding. that was 18 degrees Celsius, which is something like 65 degrees for those of you still using F.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

OK, you got me with your "metric" stuff.I'm pretty old. And, I'm old school, so I need a calculator to convert.Actually, it really IS cold here, especially at night.It's 8:30 AM, and only 34 degrees F. And, Granite Mt.is still frosted with snow. It arrived at my place lateSunday night. And, it disappeared by noon. Standard deal.I don't have a snow shovel. But, 30 miles south I havefriends with a house at the 6,900 ft. level on Mt. Tritle.They got two feet. They actually have snow shoes to get"in and out" to as far as their 4WD vehicles can "make it".But, today is also "standard". Sunny and clear, and NO WIND.That and low humidity works pretty well.Just don't get a tee time before 11 AM. :) I'll be reading my newspaper in my "Sun Room", and thinkingof you on your beach. Hey, Malibu is only seven hours away.Take Care, Dan