Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vpelleri

Flying Pro Pilot in FSX

Hi everyone. As a looooong time lurkee to the forum, I thought I'd post up again after a few years absence. Since I upgraded to XP and Nvidia several years ago, I've had to use that OTHER sim and put Pro Pilot back in it's box and up on a shelf in the closet. I was cleaning that closet the other day and saw my former favorite sim forlorn on the shelf. I took down the box and felt the heft of the package. Remembering the EXCELLENT manual that came with Pro Pilot I pulled it out and started looking at the flights toward the back of the manual. The last week or so, I've been flying the same routes in FSX using the PP info to set up the flights and following the instructions. Some are quite challenging (still)! I still have a lot to learn, and Pro Pilot is still helping me do that. Just thought I'd share... Art Collins Colorado

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Art,Thanks for stopping by to say something about ProPilot! We don't get much traffic here about our favorite flight sim. I still have my old desktop here in the office with WIN98SE, Voodoo 5, and ProPilot 99 installed on it. I haven't taken it for a spin lately, but I should. It is certainly cheaper than the amount of AVGAS I burn when I take a short flight in my RV-9A in the real world.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TNwww.n2prise.org

I'm with you, Art. I keep the Pro Pilot handbook close to the computer and consult it regularly. A really good effort that nobody else has equaled. Thanks for the comments.Best regards.Luis

I'm a new customer with Pro Pilot Pro. I'm glad that some one here mentioned "Manual"I thot I'd get a start with the program starting me out on the right foot. To say the least I can't call what I got is a manual but rather a "Dictionary"There's nothing that I got like say a Tuturial to start me off on the right foot to at leat get the hang of it. I am totally lost.I've read the Dictionary & there's so much in there there's enuf to make my head spin.It dosn't give you any idea how to start your flight,nothing.I just tryed a flight & was just lost when I was in the air going in circles.Please don't get me wrong,I love the map,planner,it's great.The paperwork I got(Dictionary) Does not set you off with instructions on where to start unless I'm missing some thing.I really want to make this program to work for me as I know it has great potentia.I'm not crying the blues even tho it sounds like it. I just want help.I wonder if there's a tuturial out there somewere.Any reply would be greatly apreciated :( Tim

Hi, Tim! You said you have "Pro Pilot Pro", and if that's the exact spelling, then I'm not sure what sim that is. Check the title again - the Pro-Pilot series started with Pro-Pilot 98, then Pro-Pilot USA, the Pro-Pilot 99. There was a Pro-Pilot 2000 in the works, but was never released as a final product. So, if you really have one of those 3, we can go from there.Dave H.

This discussion takes us back a few years. Wow, I just dug through some things in the closet and found the manual for Pro Pilot. It was subtitled "Flight Companion" and dated 1997. I used the program in parallel to FS98 but long since parted with the software. Would you have to do anything special to get old software like this to install to Win XP?Keith

This discussion takes us back a few years. Wow, I just dug through some things in the closet and found the manual for Pro Pilot. It was subtitled "Flight Companion" and dated 1997. I used the program in parallel to FS98 but long since parted with the software. Would you have to do anything special to get old software like this to install to Win XP?Keith
KeithSorry,I really don't knowTim