Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuisFelizTirado

Mutt report

Doc has given us an update on his new dog, Squeek, and I thought to do the same for the little puppy that was abandoned here in front of the farm.At first, I thought that little Anna Maria was going to turn out to be a Fox Terrier. She was so small and looked much like that breed. But, she has been eating a lot (!) and now is definitely more of a Hound of some sort. However, she is still growing, and eating, and I just hope she does not turn out to be a Great Dane.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186189.jpgJust like Doc's dog, she loves tearing things apart, all things, every thing. No exceptions: the remote control? full of teeth marks, the daily paper? in shreds on the rug, a comb from my nightstand? small pieces of plastic now. I give her lots of rawhide to chew, but she just can't get enough. So, she loves to grab on to my ankles with her jaws and bloodies them.I really don't mind; after all, all children have teething problems and need something in their mouths. And she is full of enthusiasm, joy, and love.The only problem is that she insists on sleeping with me in my bed. The first time she climbed up on the bed, I pushed her off. The second time, I pushed her off. The third time, I ... Finally, though, I stopped pushing - after all, I cannot waste time on that. Now, we have reached a compromise. You know what that is, don't you? An agreement where nobody gets what they want. Anyway, she gets to sleep on my pillow during the day, and at night she moves over to her side and leaves my side to me. Not much of a compromise, as she seems to have gotten the best part of the deal.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/186190.jpgIn the middle of the night, I have woken to find her up against me sleeping with her head on my shoulder. Other times, I awaken with her licking my face, or nibbling my ear. Now, I am not some great womanizer, nor do I have much experience in those matters, but of the half-dozen women that I have known in my short life, only one ever slept with her head on my shoulder, and none ever licked my face, much less nibbled my ear.Which leads me to philosophize: a dog shows more affection than 5 out of every 6 women. Something to think about.Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Luis,If you ever have smoke in the house or a fire threat, you have a walking smoke alarm always ready to sound the alarm.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN

Brother Luis,I wish that Squeek would sleep on my bed. Brother Maynard did so for so many years (and also resisted the efforts of others to sleep in my bed, a bit of four legged birth control I guess). But alas, the destructo dog as I call her on occasion has to sleep at the foot of my bed in a cage. I call it "the cooler" reminding one of "The Great Escape" or perhaps "Hogan's Heroes." After a suitable period of late evening frolic, Squeek heads to the cooler. Last night Squeek demonstrated she will be a typical teen girl. When I went out on the back porch to enjoy the jacuzzi, I placed my cell phone on the outside window ledge. I went back in side for a moment, and wondered where I put my cell phone. Grabbing a flash light I commenced searching the back yard. I checked all the dog favored sites...the site where she chewed up the air conditioner, the sites where she has uncovered the lawn sprinkler heads, the site where she chewed up my blanket, and finally, the site where some remnants of the jacuzzi cover lay. And there lay the cell phone. Undamaged (for the moment) and functional.She also recently exhibited her budding talents at singing. We were out enjoying the back porch when I heard the sound of an ambulance siren in the distance. Squeek heard it also, sat down by me and commenced to yodel. I applauded her talent. Brother Maynard only performed thusly once. And that took the entreaties of a Black Labrador down the street to get him started. Sadly, both the Black Labrador and Brother Maynard are gone now. And at least one of them is missed.Squeek has not shown any talent at being a smoke alarm. Nor has she shown me that she would enjoy a double corona like Brother Maynard did.Doc Bryant

>Doc has given us an update on his new dog, Squeek, and I>thought to do the same for the little puppy that was abandoned>here in front of the farm.>>At first, I thought that little Anna Maria was going to turn>out to be a Fox Terrier . . .That's one good-looking dog.And, VERY lucky to have "found" you too ! ! !Why do I think you may be a "soft touch" ? {:^)Dan

Thanks for the comments, guys, they are much appreciated.And thank you, Dan, she is a very pretty dog. And you are right, I am a softie. After all, life is far too short, and what is the point of being harsh?But, I am somewhat disappointed that nobody has reacted to my "5 out of 6 women" remark. Was it too provocative? I hope not. Or was it just too evident?Best regards.Luis

>But, I am somewhat disappointed that nobody has reacted to my>"5 out of 6 women" remark. Was it too provocative? I hope not.>Or was it just too evident?Not too provocative for me. But, pretty "evident".You might have drawn comments if you had "provided personal evidence". :-lol For me, I guess I'm just lucky enough to "hang around" affectionate women. On second thought, I guess it's because I've chosen NOT to hang around womenwho became "non-affectionate". And, they are gone, gone, GONE !I decline to "give numbers" on how many in each category.On the grounds it "may tend to incriminate me" and havea dire affect on my "angel status". :-halo Dan

Brother Luis,I find an easy way to sort out the affectionate versus non affectionate types.If they say they are a "cat" person and ask if I like cats, I simply remark, "Cats, the other white meat?"That usually breaks them off from their wallet hunt.Squeek has now also demonstrated a new, and appreciated skill set. She bolted out the back door the other morning, almost attaining orbital velocity. I was standing there in wonderment over the rapid departure. Until I saw she had spotted a squirrel along the fence top.I believe my dog dislikes squirrels. As do I. They are not native to the area. Some clown brought a couple in thinking they were cute. Until they started chewing things up, high voltage things, roof and structural things....Doc Bryant