Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuisFelizTirado

Maintenance

Doc is very busy, so somebody has to keep this place tidy and running.Overheard in IFR Magazine's "On the Air"I was en route to a New England airport famous for its fog. The ATIS reported below minimums but gradually improving. Approach said to expect the ILS, and I could hear one aircraft ahead, a local airliner. Approach cleared me for the approach and sent the other aircraft to tower.Me:"Did the aircraft ahead get in?"Approach:"Well, he didn't fly the missed. Contact tower."Me:"Tower, at what altitude did the previous plane break out?"[pause]Tower:"I didn't ask."Me (after landing a little proudly):"Tower, be advised that we broke out just above minimums."Tower:"Everybody does."Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That is beautiful, Jerry. Is that Tennessee? It looks so good I might just move there.Best regards.Luis

Luis,That photo above is taken just as I crossed over Lookout Mountain. I was pointing the camera to the Northeast. It is a nice valley area with ridges to the East and Southeast. These are the foothills of the Appalacian chain of mountains. There are two mountain peaks East of my old home town (Dalton, Georgia) that I would see everyday of my early years. I checked my web site, but there are no photos of those two mountain peaks.Jerry K. ThorneEast Ridge, TN