Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David_FFC

Short Final for Cinco de Mayo !

(I think this is the first Short Final I've got to post (maybe 2nd).)Short FinalOn a Qantas flight from Adelaide to Perth last week, our lovely senior air steward announced the following after the doors closed:Over the Speaker:"Ladies and gentleman, please turn off all electronic devices such as laptops, mobile phones, washing machines and hairdryers. However, if they have a flight mode, please switch now."It made me smile; must be hard to repeat the same thing every flight.D. Dannvia e-mail*********************************************************************Sorry I haven't even lurked in a few months.I've had to put my father in an assisted living place in late Jan. I won't go into it, but hopefully in another year or two he can live with or nearer to me and my wife. Almost worse than arranging a funeral, but at least he is alive, and probably will be for a few more years.I've given up trying to use PP99 on XP, but like Jerry, I have a Win98SE w/ Voodoo (mine's ver 2) that works great, except the built-in game port won't work well with the CH Yoke and Pedals (wrong speed). I used to have PP99 on a 200mHz machine with a separate sound card/game port, but its hard drive broke several months ago. This newer PC was given to be by my son-in-law about 3 years ago, who got it from a guy at work - an 800 mHz w/built-in sound-game. It had no hard drive, so I bought one for it.If I can find my stand-alone game card I might give that a try. Anyway, the Logitech USB stick works just fine. It twists for the rudder - not quite the same as using pedals. Time to brush up on IFR skills - I finally ordered an IFR DVD instruction set from Sporty's, so here I go!Cheers, ya'll -Dave H.Fayetteville, GA

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good job Dave!I am out on the injured list so I have neglected my duties. Thank you for posting that.Doc Bryant

Here's a special Mid Week Short final....found on another forumI was flying over LA last night during a quiet ATC time and heard this exchange:A Colombia 400 checked in with LA Center: "Cessna, formerly Colombia, 400, 5000 climbing 8000.The controller replied: say type aircraft.Pilot: We're a Cessna 400, it used to be called a Columbia 400 until Cessna bought the company.Another pilot on the frequency: "it's the plane formerly known as Prince"Yet another pilot: Sounds like a plane with an identity crisis to me.Doc Bryant