Sign in to follow this  

O/T Beckham Knighthood ???

Is it too soon to start the campaign ???

Sir Alex Ferguson is on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and has reached the million pound question. Chris Tarrant says "Right Sir Alex, this is for one million pounds, and remember, you still have two lifelines left, so please take your time. Here's your question: What type of animal lives in a set? Is it: a) a badger :( a ferret c) a mole or d) a cuckoo? Fergie ponders for a while and says "No, I'm sorry Chris, I'm not too sure. I'll have to go 50-50." Chris says "Right, Sir Alex, let's take away two wrong answers and see what you're left with." "Badger" and "cuckoo" are the two remaining answers. Fergie has a long think, then scratches his head and says "No, Chris, I'm still not sure, I'm going to have to phone a friend." "So who are you going to call, Sir Alex?" says Chris. "Hmmm..." ponders Fergie. "I think I'll call David Beckham." So Tarrant phones David Beckham. "David, this is Chris Tarrant from 'Who Wants To Be A Millionnaire'. I've got Sir Alex Ferguson here, and with your help he could win one million pounds. The next voice you hear will be Sir Alex's". "Hello David" says Fergie. "It's the boss here. What type of animal lives in a set? Is it a badger or a cuckoo?" "It's a badger, boss." says Becks without hesitation. "You sure, son?" says Fergie. "Definitely, boss. One hundred percent. It's a badger. Definitely." "Right, Chris," says Fergie, "I'll go with David. The answer's a badger. Final answer." "Sir Alex," says Chris, "that's the correct answer. You've won one million pounds!!" Cue wild celebrations. The next morning at training, Fergie calls Beckham across. "Son, that was brilliant last night. I thought I might be taking a gamble giving you a call, but you played a blinder! But how on earth did you know that a badger lives in a set?" says Fergie. "Oh I didn't, boss," replies Beckham, "but everybody knows a cuckoo lives in a clock.on a more serious note...it was the foot of god!!!

Brilliant. :-lolNow if he can just put another couple past Nigeria ...Arise Sir ... :-haloAnother beer anyone? hic .... *:-*

Great story, and I ahd a good chuckle. Thanks for posting that. :-)Regards,Joe :-wave.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Toni Rauch

Notwithstanding the BRILLIANT penalty taken today, here's another Beckham story...Ken Dodd is sitting at home one evening when the phone rings. The conversation goes something like this:"Is that Ken Dodd?""Yes - who's calling?""Hi Ken. This is Chris Tarrant on ITV's 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'. I've got a couple of your friends with me - Victoria and David Beckham. They're a bit stuck on one question but with your help, let's see if we can get them up to

Well I think that just sums up the English football fanatics attitude.Win one match (just) and anyone would think we had won the World Cup, EUAFA Cup, Champions Cup, tea cup and any other d**n cup there is.Argentina is still in there you know and all this euphoria will look a bit silly if the final turns out to be a re-match ;-)More importantly who is going to win the FIA European Top Fuel crown?Think I'll go now before I get savaged:-lol :-scatter

You have forgotten the flip side though........... lose one match and England are the worst team in the world, and all deserve to be ridiculed in the street !!!!There again - you are the only person in this thread suggesting we will get to the final !!! I was just happy with the first win over Argentina since 1966... ...:-xxrotflmao

Guest Fortress

I was quite disappointed actually... My version of the game would go along the lines of: 1 goal as a result of a penalty, followed by a second half where England basically said (whinging baby voice) "We're not playing. Just gonna stand here in front of the goal, so there!!"Knighthood? For what? Pah!Paul

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.haworth/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline Award

Guest Milio_B

You first since 1986The year we won the World Cup :(

Gaz,You mis-read my post :( I did say *if* the final turns out to be a re-match :-)I do agree with your 'flip side' statement though.

Guest wizard01

Wait until he wins the World Cup, then consider it!

Guest Fortress

>Wait until he wins the World Cup, then consider it! HE? So were's the rest of the team? Do you think he could bring home the world cup if every other member of the team were sent off?Paul

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.haworth/Fortress.gifVoted Best Virtual Airline of 2002 and Best CEO of 2002 by participants in the BIG VA Vote organized by FSPILOT.comVANF "Best" New Virtual Airline Award

Guest wizard01

Attaboy Paul, that is just my point there are 10 others on the field, plus a few 'on the bench' - if the Team wins the World Cup then they should ALL have a Knighthood. Mind you David is a wee bit special, as they say "Cometh the moment, Cometh the man!", but still they are a team!KenSenior CaptainEurostar Virtual Airline

...I think The 'Beckam-Knighthood' is a great aircraft!But I must admit I prefer the 'SPICED up' version!An interesting facet of SIMMING isnt it???However doesnt even come close to the HURRICANES or the REDWINGS :)