Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuisFelizTirado

Stepping in.... once again

To take a line from Doc, from the wonderful folks at AgeWeb, here is today's humor:An elderly woman called 911 on her cell phone to report that her car had been broken into. She was hysterical as she explained her situation to the operator: "They've stolen the stereo, the steering wheel, the brake pedal and even the accelerator!" she cried. The dispatcher said, "Stay calm. An officer is on the way." A few minutes later, the officer radioed in. "Disregard, she got in the back seat by mistake."Ah, yes, senility, it comes to us all.Best regards.Luis

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you brother Luis.Avweb had another one of those lame reposts of reposts from IFR magazine....I found out the magazine title stands for "Instrument Flight Rules." I thought it meant "I follow railroads."Doc Bryant

And so you will know the source of "from those wonderful folks", it is a fragment of the title of a book* by Jerry Della Femina, published in 1971. Jerry was the head of an ad agency. He used that line to pitch a Japanese product introduction. I do not think the clients were impressed with that. But you had to give him high marks for the brashness factor.Doc Bryant*From Those Wonderful Folks that Brought You Pearl Harbor, Pocket Books