Sign in to follow this  

fsplanet, if all nodes are busy cough up $30 and you wi

Kari, I have to tell you, Ferdy's response to you bothers me very much. The fact of the matter is that YOU DO have rights and whether he likes them or not, you have a say in the use, distribution and the channels of distribution of your works. If that is his attitude, we have a serious problem with it.

Guest georgi55

Kari, cant we - people who posted here send e-mail and demand to remove it?You or someone could write the mail, and each of us send it using or own mail adresses and sign or own names.What do you think?

I sent an email about 3 hours ago, right after I posted my response to Kari. No response from Ferdy yet.

Kari, as I had said earlier, I sent an email to Ferdy regarding his not respecting your request to remove your file. He just responded. Same as his response to you, basically. "Thanks for your opinion". So, if the community finds this behavior unacceptable, then it is up to the community to do something about it.

Well said - isn't that sort of thing called piracy ??

Hello TomI support Kari in his stance against the way Ferdy poaches files from sites that designers upload to. I took Ferdy to task over this just a few days ago.I got our file removed by contacting his sponsors. I did give a lot of thought to the issue before taking this course of action. Because of a history between Ferdy and myself I knew he would play his mouth and get personal, which is just what he did:-(I have always refused permissions for my files to be viewed on FSPlanet.com mainly because of Ferdys actions two years back when he openly ran a banner for Hacking software/Spyware which could be used to hack AOL members. A campaign was mounted against Ferdy at that time and he refused to bow to pressure, once again showing scant regard for the community that he so readily steals from.I know AOL took up the spyware issue as I and others made many complaints, and within a short while the banner was removed. No doubt Ferdy will tell a different tale, if he has the balls to reply in here.The other reason I do not want to see my files on his site is,that I have the right to choose where I upload to, these sites are Avsim and Flightsim.com. Other sites my files are found at have asked me if they can show them. Ferdy is the only guy that never asks!So fellow flightsimmers and designers, I think the time has come to ask Mr. Serena just what his game is? it is high time pressure was put on him to behave in a proper manner and respect designers wishes.His only aim in life is to milk you for as much money as he can get his hands on, and for as long as he can get away with it.I know that there are those who have no problem with FS.Planet showing there files, but think about this, five stars or four, whatever means nothing at this site, how can a guy who has given less than 4 freeware files of his own ever, in any freeware library, judge your stuff?I can tell you that he makes in excess of $5000 a month from first class membership:-( His own words to me.Now considering no files are uploaded to his site, that's a ***** of your money going into his pocket.The way I see it he is getting fat off your files poached/stolen......call it what you like, from Avsim and Flightsim.com.The bottom line is he is stealing not only from you but also Tom and Nels! who pay out tons of cash to keep their sites running. Your choice guys I know, but I know who I choose to support with files.Best Mike HamblySound Design

Guest eko

I fully agree with Mike on this one. If a file I have uploaded gets poached to a completely free site, run by a few hobbyists, who are clearly making no money from their site... I personally don't really have a problem with it, or would "look the other way".However, the situation with FSPlanet is a totally different story. FSPlanet is a commercial enterprise which the goal of making money to some degree. Once that is the case, I do think that poaching files is an offense. Twofold... bandwidth taken from this site to download the file, and hits lost because the file can now be had at the other site.Just my 2cents.

How about some sort of boycott? I mean this whole thing is really bothering me. These people are going to destroy the future of this awesome hobby. Is this "Ferdy" guy another PT?!?!?Juan

ZLee, I removed that last picture for two reasons:1) I don't want to see that guy unless it is behind bars2) one step too far in my opinionLet's keep the discussion within reason, pleaseI am 100% sure that that as*hole Ferdy steals all his files. Look around the site. Can you find any upload utility? NO!http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/uploaded/9vsve/sig.jpgPS. Sorry Avsim. I'm sooooooo ###### that I have to post this:<<< picture removed>>>

Love the pic....Perhaps you should use that as your sig !!!!!!

As we have seen, Ferdy just ignore almost everything. I will do same as Mike, send message for all Ferdy's sponsors.Best we can all do is spread the word and boycott FSPLANET. I am sure that most of the FSPLANET-users will visit Avsim instead if they know what happening.