Sign in to follow this  

So what is the solution for SB Live and XP with FS2k2?

I have tried everything possible, and still cannot get SB Live to give clean sound in FS2K2 as well as in windows XP in general , there is a loss of frame rates associated with sound turned on also , and it seems as though the processor is doing the work nstead of the sound card.. I am getting lots of choppy graduations in sounds .. Is this it For XP ? I mean if I cannot get this working properly I am definitely going back to my old Me despite the occasional crashes. Please if you know a way let me know, I have downloaded the latest drivers and everything and nothing seems to work as smooth as Win Me did. in termns of sound and Fs2002 I mean. Thanks

Guest Aidi

Sounds like (no punn intended!) the problem I when using WinXP with the SB Live. I dont know what motherboard you have, but i did a flash of the BIOS on my motherboard and after that the sound was clear as a bell. Might be an avenue you could persue. Just be aware that although flashing the BIOS is relativly easy, it can also cause major problems if not carried out correctly.Also, does your motherboard have an "on-board" sound capability? If it does, then is it not only disabled in the BIOS but does it have a capability to physically disable it via a jumper on the motherboard itself? By having it just disabled in the BIOS is in some cases not sufficient to eliminate problems (is it Francois!) They symptoms you are reporting might be cured by looking at this option.May or may not help you with a solution, but its a couple of ideas to look at.Rgdshttp://www.avsim.com/vfr_center/avsim_sig.jpg

A wild guess, but the NT core that XP is based on processes interrupts differntly from the 9x core. You might try moving the card to a different PCI slot. on most motherboards, this will change the interrupt used by the card.