Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Good afternoon AVSIM, can I come home?

Allright you guys, cut it out.... You've got me in stsiches and I'm going to cry from the laughter... :-lol :-lol :-lolHmmmmmmm......Back pains, 4-5 nurse, sounds like a plan to me... Oh honey.....my back hurts.........Thanks Guys. :-)Joehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest PaulL01

Thanks Elrond,That case is awsome! Is that vinyl paper?I should mention that I will be also developing a few prototype metal cases covered with exotic veneers (case sides and tops) with solid wood front, doors and bays.First ones will be Antic mid tower and server done in birds eye maple, other selections may be Babinga, Teak, cherry, and quartered White Oak. I have to sort out what design and methods will be used to manufacture the Front/doors and bays. Cases will be done in a vacuum press.I will have a website up with pics and info, but that will be a while yet.Sorry to here about your back, I have a similar problem. Back pain is the worst!!!Over the years, I have found that good exercise and strengthening of the back muscles (not the ones you eat!) has reduced a great deal the re-occurrence of my muscle spasms.May you get well soon!Paul

Guest PaulL01

Thanks for the kind words Max. :)I will first try to see how high I can get the memory speed to run while maintaining cas2 as well as stability, as I hinted at before, 3Dmark2001SE as well as a good long flight in FS2k2 is very good at this vs. Prim95 as prime only loads the CPU, where 3dmark will let you know that ALL of your components are up to your O/C settings.Anyway, here is is what she is doing now with the most agressive timing settings at the current FSB setting of 170, I dont have any "dreams" of hitting 180 FSB with cas2 and remaining stable but I will see how far she can go.http://www.frontiernet.net/~pleatzaw/images/170FSBmem.jpgPaul

Guest SD Sim

Welcome back Paul. I consider myself an infant of this forum, and the likes of yourself, Max, Elrond, Chris, and so many others, to be my parents. Each of you provides that "nourishment" (if you catch my drift) that has made the world of flight simulation so spectacular, and I thank you all. I'm wiser than when I started, and I have aspirations of contributing both scenery and aircraft (not to mention advice) as my skills continue to improve. This is due in no small part to all the members of this forum that inspire me. If I may be allowed to carry on with this analogy, I must say that I'm still too young to throw any tantrums (I've only recently learned to talk), but having been here for the last half-year, it's easy to understand how the frustrations can develop. I know that at times the newbies like myself are frustrating, but that's all part of growing up. Some of us will turn out to be crooks, but others will be the next generation of leaders. So hang in there, it will be worth it.I'm glad your back and hope you stay for a long time to come.P.S. After proofing this post, I think I had better stop before this earns me some well placed jabs about changing diapers :-lol

Guest PaulL01

Thanks Joe!I enjoyed your comments and I do belive in your "revolving door" theory". :-lolTake CarePaul

Guest PaulL01

Thanks, O logical one! :)Oops! sorry yer the metal guy right? :-lolI agree, if yer gona spend as much as we spend on this hobby you tend to take it a little more "for real".Take Care,Paul

Guest PaulL01

No Thanks David! I already have enough problems, I mean kids of my own! :-lolReally, thanks for the kind words. :)Paul

I like your analogy. If we're nothing else, we're about education and community. Your analogy fits right in as we all have come from ignorance and isolation and are growing toward knowledge and community. Okay, my little bit of philosophical meandering is now over... :)

Actually for this first test, it is simply Windsor Offset 70lb at 4' x 4' sheets. I had a friend of mine in the printing shop next to the office run off a couple copies for me. Since its fairly thick paper (I should have choose something a bit thicker I think), I shellack the back and apply it without it warping (although it did warp a tad when I first started and didn't press it quick enough). Then once its dry, I shellack it on the outside. Doing quickly reproducible centerpieces and artwork this way would be great I believe, along with a bit of airbrush work for masking and finishing. I think. Thats the next experiment.I can't wait to see what designs you come up with and the methods you arrived at getting there. They all sound extremely interesting. If these are to be mass produced, it'd be great if you kept a blog detailing the process and possible pitfalls you run up against (without giving away trade secrets of course :-)). I'd really like to see a cherry version... Thats by far my favorite wood (well, cedar for the smell of course :-)).As for the exercise, I'm on a pretty strict regiment. I've lost some cartilage between my vertebra though, so its a somewhat permanent thing. I usually don't have this much trouble so I'm hoping its just a fluke.Anyway, thanks for the kind sentiment. And I very much look forward to seeing your more than interesting work down the line.Take care,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Guest PaulL01

Elrond,>Actually for this first test, it is simply Windsor Offset >70lb at 4' x 4' sheets. I had a friend of mine in the >printing shop next to the office run off a couple copies for >me. Since its fairly thick paper (I should have choose >something a bit thicker I think), I shellack the back and >apply it without it warping (although it did warp a tad when >I first started and didn't press it quick enough). Then >once its dry, I shellack it on the outside. Doing quickly >reproducible centerpieces and artwork this way would be >great I believe, along with a bit of airbrush work for >masking and finishing. I think. Thats the next experiment. That is truely trick!>I can't wait to see what designs you come up with and the >methods you arrived at getting there. They all sound >extremely interesting. If these are to be mass produced, >it'd be great if you kept a blog detailing the process and >possible pitfalls you run up against (without giving away >trade secrets of course :-)). I'd really like to see a >cherry version... Thats by far my favorite wood (well, >cedar for the smell of course :-)). Methods are easy, cloth backed veneer atached with any choice of glues like urathane or neoprene based that won't react to the heat, and the stick it in a vacum bag untill cured, as far as the solid parts go other than the first few hand made parts that work will most likely be done via a programed CNC machine.Later,Paul

Are there any airplanes in that goop you use? I didn't think so, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.... :)

Guest PaulL01

Thanks Murphy!Regards,Paul

Guest PaulL01

Thank you Naji!:-wavePaul

Guest PaulL01

>Are there any airplanes in that goop you use? I didn't think >so, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh.... :) Uh, well no. But it they still should fly! :-lolPaul