Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Good afternoon AVSIM, can I come home?

Hi Elrond, sorry to hear of your back problem. Been there and done that. I had a lower lumbar spasm years ago, which left me in pain for months. Two years ago I had two slipped disks in my neck, between c5, 6, and 7....ow. My favorite moment was when they insisted I lay flat on the MRI table and not move even thou the pain was like a white lite in my head! I've been healing well since and havn't had any (afraid to temp fate) xxxxx for months...so, I'll just knock on wood and wish you speedy recovery.Bob Bernstein

Guest PaulL01

>Welcome back Paul! >>Nice to see you're running some XMS3000 goodness like me! >>I'm going to be dropping my Asus today to get an Epox, I'll >see how she runs!Why are you dropping the Asus? What board ya gots?Paul

Guest PaulL01

>Welcome back Paul , :-beerchug Thank you Chris! :-waveRegards,Paul

Good to see you back, Paul.Anyway you're not allowed to leave. Wink!Peter Sydney Australia

Guest cwright

Paul, it's good to hear that! I certainly agree with what you have been saying. Avsim does seem to have changed in this respect, and not for the better. I cannot understand why some threads have been locked, when the content was completely civil and also raised very valid points (e.g. Christian's posts about the SDK's and the idea of a petition). The justification for this was that it *might* become uncivilised at some future time! You have probably done us all a service by highlighting this problem. I hope it will bring about some change - on both sides! Best regards, Chris

Paul,I had an Asus A7V333 but it didn't overclock as well as I would have liked. I was originally going for the EPoX but didn't realise it had the mouting holes for my Swiftech. I think it could be my CPU holding back my overclocking, but I wanted to test the EPoX first to see. Might get myself an AGOIA core CPU soon.Plus my Asus didn't have RAID and I may be needing the extra IDE ports soon.I should have looked into the board layout at the store and I could have saved myself some grief. I have an Aopen HQ-08 full tower, The IDE ports are in a different and lower position to that of my Asus boards, so my cables didn't reach my CD and HDD :-lol So now I'm running a sole CD rom and the cable just reaches.. good excuse to buy myself that Lian Li PC-65 I have been eyeing :-hah

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers