Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Problem with "Traffic Tools" - Hope You Can Help

Guest Heather 636

Started installing a lot of download this morning of the "Scenery" category. Many of these required the use of AFCAD and Traffic Tools.Everything was going fine after a small period of learning curve. AFCAD works beautifully and TT was doing just fine too.Took a break to go outside and mow the lawn. When I came back in, I decided to tidy up my folders somewhat and put all of my Flight Sim utilities, like AFCAD, TT, FSBoarding, etc., into a single folder called FS Utilities.Made new shortcuts for my desktop.Now Traffic Tools will not work. Even deleted it from the system and reinstalled it.The Decompiler sorks okay. But when I try to run the Compiler, which is a more lengthy affair, it get partway through ( to 6522) the flight plan list and then hangs up. I get a windows message saying it has run into a problem ("Well DUH! ) and when you click the okay button on that, TT completely closes.Okay, what did I do wrong besides mowing the lawn?Sincerely,Heather

Guest RonB49

Were you editing flightplan.txt? Did you leave a marker so you could return to where you left off (perhaps about line 6522)? Did you try to compile with the marker still out there? I did (different line number but the same result). R-

Guest Heather 636

The only editing I had done was inserting, at the very end of the list, a few lines for an airport I had imported with AFCAD, following the downloads instructions to use TT to edit with.I don't know a whole lot of what I'm doing with these tools, beyond following the instructions. I'll bet I really messed up somewhere didn't I?But now, even reinstalling TT doesn't work. Am I going to have to, God Forbid, reinstall FS2002 all over again!!??I hope not.Heather

Look at the last line of Flightplans.txt. If there is anything there such as "end" then remove. The last line should be in same format as all of the others. This is in the recesses of my mind as something I think happened to me. Try it.

Heather,don't reinstall FS! Come over to TTools forum instead. :)The flightplan.txt has to be edited as a pure text file (no MSWord or other formats). Did you start with a new line when you inserted your plans? Each plan needs to begin with a separate line.ckfly

I hate to state the obvious, but reverse that single folder methodology and put everything back the way it was.....might work!I've got all mine in separate folders and never have any problemsRodders

Guest Heather 636

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.Got things working again by pasting over the traffic.bgl file with the original one from FS2002.Fortunately, I had only made one entry into it so not much was lost and I can start over.Lee Swordy was kind enough to send me a later version of TT than I was using so perhaps this problem will not repeat itself.Again, thank you.Sincerely,Heather