Sign in to follow this  

Ariane AirShop Saga........

Hi:Well I emailed Ariane studios again for the millionth time...and guess what?They emailed me back!!!!!Below are the emails that they sent to me......-------------------------------------------------Email #1: I explained that I couldn't download the aircraft that I purchase.....Hi "MidWest"We've copied this to our ISP - we think they will be able to help here.Best WIshesARIANE STUDIOSNEWSNEW 300 & 400 UPDATES - Latest updates for 737-300 and 400 due this week - use your current purchase invoices to download these FREE updates - supplied courtesy ofAriane Studios.NEW GMAX MODEL OUT SOON - We are currently testing the new version of our latest GMAX Model - this is not a free update since it is a complete rebuild. For moredetails keep visiting the Ariane web site.NEW FMC PANEL - Yes, after many requests, we are putting the finishing touches to our NEW multi-panel with fully spec'd FMC, full screen pedestal and full screenoverhead and quarter panel throttle stacks etc; Customers can currentlyEmail #2: I asked them if they are running an scam operation here an d I said I feard that I was scammed out of my $$ This is what they replied with:JonnyWe didn't scam you - we're not like that.We've asked our ISP to contact you.Best WIshesARIANE STUDIOSNEWSNEW 300 & 400 UPDATES - Latest updates for 737-300 and 400 due this week - use your current purchase invoices to download these FREE updates - supplied courtesy ofAriane Studios.NEW GMAX MODEL OUT SOON - We are currently testing the new version of our latest GMAX Model - this is not a free update since it is a complete rebuild. For moredetails keep visiting the Ariane web site.NEW FMC PANEL - Yes, after many requests, we are putting the finishing touches to our NEW multi-panel with fully spec'd FMC, full screen pedestal and full screenoverhead and quarter panel throttle stacks etc; Customers can currently download the latest Analogue version from the site.News Update: June 2002

As you've learned, it's probably time to just writeoff the investment and move on. As my Daddy once told me, life's too short to dance with ugly women. Or to deal with Peter Tishma. (Edited to remove my true feelings about PT - which would probably get the post deleted).Trip

Guest Toni Rauch

I just can't believe that there are still people out there willing to throw their money away like this. Here, yet again, are the facts:1. The 737, 757 and 146 Ariane are selling are not theirs to legally sell. They are assets of World Air Sim (Corporate Worldwide Limited) which went bust and as such, are no longer Peter Tishma's to sell.2. The person quoted as heading Ariane is someone called 'Katie Dyson'. Most probably Katie Tishma under a disguised name.3. IMHO, you have more chance of winning the lottery than hearing from their ISP. And what the hell has their ISP got to do with it anyway? If you can't download the product, it is up to Ariane to sort out or reimburse you, NOT their ISP. True to form, another feeble attempt to 'pass the buck'. Any ligitimate organization wouldn't even dream up such a lame story....Mr Tishma, why can't you stop treating the public as total idiots?Mr Tishma, why can't you stop trying to sell things that aren't yours to sell?Mr Tishma, who EXACTLY is Katie Dyson? (Is she your wife?)Mr Tishma, why are you apparently taking money under false pretences?Mr Tishma, as I'm sure you're reading this, all the above is my own personal opinion and does not NECESSARILY represent the opinions held by most other members of the FS community regarding you. (Please be sure your lawyers/leading counsel read that bit...)

Guest mikehaska

Every day there is a new post about how Ariane/PT/WAS are a bunch of crooks.I really have no sympathy for anyone who lined their pockets.

Guest Toni Rauch
My concern is for those who CONTINUE to line their pockets.....(and by doing so, help them steal from others.)

Guest UweR

I post this without much sympathy for either Ariane, WAS or PT, but I can

Guest Toni Rauch

UweWhen you say "they", who do you mean?I have not read any threads about Ariane which suggest that you should feel bad for legitimately buying a product before they went bust. I do, however, have issues regarding the sale of software SINCE they went bust, because it appears to be illegal. (If I'm wrong, I'll retract my words, apologise to Tishma and wait for the letters from the lawyers. LOL ) Since Ariane started, there have been numerous threads from people who never got to download what they paid for and never got their money back. Most didn't even get replies to e-mails. At best, it shows pure contempt for the buying public - at worst it is theft, pure and simple. Having seen all the antics over a very long period of time (and I have mountains of evidence to back my allegations), there are apparently no limits to the arrogance of Peter Tishma and no depths to which he will not stoop to persuade you (using false names etc.) to part with your money with little or no 'come-back' when things go wrong. As long as there are 'legs to pull', he'll try and pull them...(In the UK, they're called "mugs".)

That would make him a 'Cowboy' eh?Change the name, same again! Nice old English Tradition! :-)

>I just can't believe that there are still people out there willing to throw their money away like this

I don't think anyone has issues with people BUYING their stuff (except that they could have known better, but a lot of people are suckered into it and only find sites like Avsim after they find they've been ripped off and couldn't have known better).The issues are all with the persons selling the stuff. Not only should they know (they're so much involved in FS, they should keep track of such things) but many of them do know. Plus the sale of those packages is probably illegal as they are now officially branded as being not the property of WAS/PT/Ariane/whoever (which may or may not include boxed sets delivered to stores before the courtorder).

Guest Toni Rauch

Retailers who still have stock of PT/WAS products are surely entitled to sell them off as they own the stock they carry (assuming they bought it before the company went bust).However, Papa Tango branded stuff is so ancient, it would need a Zimmer Frame to 'walk' out of the shop and World Air Sim stuff is FS2000. The products they claimed were 'optimized for FS2002' never worked in FS2002 (even with downloaded patches), and were removed from the shelves of Electronic Boutique/Game as a result. Anyone else who is still carrying such stock will probably have to pay the customers to buy it, or sell the CD Roms as ugly dinner table place mats!!