Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Deb pilots-autopilot fix/upgrade uploaded-thx to Realit

All b33 Deb pilots-Reality XP has once again come through and is right now uploading a fixed stec 50 autopilot for the B33 Debonair to the avsim library.This fixes the beeping/disconnect problem of the first version. In addition now-to use the bank knob you can right click on it or left click to turn it-a cool feature. It is also more stable with altitude hold (which is a problem with fs2002).It is a small file-requires you only copy it to your gauge folder and replace the old one-and add two lines to your aircraft.cfg.Enjoy-and thanks again to Reality Xp for saving the day and their wonderful contributions to this project. Geof (Working on the vc right now)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest JeanLuc_

Thank you for the headline Geofa!! looking forward the library to fire it up!!

Hey Geof...I was out flying the Deb all night again ( doesn't make my fiance happy ). Really looking forward to the VC, but am waiting patiently for you to make sure it is just right! ;)My question for you is when it is all done, including the VC, and the Stec patch are you going to recompile the aircraft into a complete *.exe file and reload it or leave it in patch format? Thanks,JohnnyKTUS

Guest Jozef_K

Geofa,Better make it a ZIP file. I don't like EXE's for FS2002. I have now a "GEOFA" (and some other FS related stuff) in my start menu, which I don't really need, nor like. I have installed your Debonair EXE in a fake FS2K2 directory and then everything ZIPPED before moving it to the real FS2K2 dir. In this way I always can see what goes where. This is not a complaint, but only a friendly request.No need to say that I really appreciate the Debonair!http://httpd.chello.nl/~j-kusters/logo.gif [link:Ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Tradewind/"]Visit TCA TradeWind ]Jozef[/font

Well thats a rock and a hard place-cause I have gotten a huge amount of emails thanking for putting it into an exe. If it isn't in an exe there are so many files that have to be manually copied to various places that it gets very confusing, and incorrect installations are likely to occur.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Prehaps you may wish to consider a ZIP EXEC file. That way people like me who don't like exec files can just use WINZIP to unzip it as usual. Inexperienced computer users would still be able to install it easily as an EXEC file. Thanks and great plane!

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Geofa! keep it simple!! I'm not an experienced PC user and I suspect I'm far from being the only one here. The installer is definitely a must for me and the lack of it is the reason I shy away from many freeware because I find them too hard to install. Obviously, the more experienced users know what to do with the installer to manually copy the files.Keep up the good work!!!