Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Reply from AMD about 2100XP

Heya Todd,Yea, Future Shop has always been shaky on this front. While it is possible to have a good experience from someone there, its a real crap shoot most of the time. Same with Best Buy, etc in the States.And your right, it sure can be fun to mess with the bad ones on occasion, when you're feeling a bit saucy. :-)Take care,http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Guest SoarPics

Elrond, funny you should mention the "fishing expedition". The better half dragged me out shopping this evening, and she relented to my request to make a stop at CompUSA (she agreed only after I agreed to take her out to dinner... they're alot smarter than we give them credit for). I wasn't looking for anything in particular, so I decided to go fishing. Went to the video card section (ok, so I was lazy and went for the easy target), and sure enough a young fellow not far out of high school pounced upon me.I told him that I had just purchased MSFS but wasn't really happy with what I was seeing. Sure enough, he reached for the $400.00 4600 Visiontek and told me it would solve ALL my problems. I then picked up the 4400 and remarked how I thought it would easily overclock to 4600 speeds. But I was unsure, because I had read that some of the features of the GF4 cards (didn't go into which features... no sense in putting the poor guy on his knees) just didn't stack up to my GF3. Very quickly he realized his line of BS wasn't going to get the sale, and he was gone from my sight.OK, I'm bad, but it was FUN!!!Glad you came home, Paul. Just wasn't the same without you.

......... Taken as a whole, their loyal repeat business is much more valuable in the end than a "take" on the first sale anyways. Many, many shops don't realize this for some reason...... YES!! tom t