Sign in to follow this  

My Cessna 421C Golden Eagle First Flight

I only have three words for you all: get it now!This is the best FS2002 GA plane I've ever flown. Not only it looks fantastic, it flies like a dream, the autopilot/GPS is excellent.With this plane, Flight1 raised the bar for the FSim GA aircraft as much as PIC did it for the heavies. Best $22.50 I've ever spent!It doesn't get any better than this guys,Kerke (KTMB)---

I agree it's nice but IMO the VC lacks the clarity offered by FSD's Cheyenne 400. The GPS and stack is excellent. Only made a couple of touch and go's but seems very nice. By the way , Have you figured out how to turn on panel lights in the VC ?BobG

Guest firehawk44

I totally agree with your assessment. Another excellent product from Flight One. The panel is awesome and the co-pilot is very attractive. Nice touch! Too bad we can't see her in VC mode though.Jim

A very nice plane but I am having too many pauses & hard drive access. I thought I had enough computer for this but I guess not. Looks sweet though.Pat Callaghan

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

You may try to set back the refresh onthe GPSAlso, enable the "move landing view forward"These are both found in the Config Manager.Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1

I was impressed before I even got it in the air.The control you have while taxiing is really fantastic!While the panel is a little overwhelming at first, the thought that went into its design is truly awe-inspiring.Great work Flight1! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.P.S. I've been lurking here for a few months. Thought it was about time to sign up.

Hi,Remember that you can reduce the panel to "landing / cruise view" by simply clicking on the panel eyebrow. This gives a more natural view when cruising or landing. However, it can tax frame rates a bit. To cure this, open up the Config manager and "move the landing view forward" you will lose the landing light but frame rates will increase nicely. What we have in store next..?? :)If you love the 421 you wont be ready for the next one.. :7Sorry cant tell yet..Bests,Jim RhoadsFlight1

Welcome to the party then !!!!Only just got the Cheyenne so I may leave it a while before I jump in with something else - although this is high on the list !!!!

Guest Ron Freimuth

>A very nice plane but I am having too many pauses & hard >drive access. I thought I had enough computer for this but >I guess not. Looks sweet though. >Pat Callaghan No problem for my 467 PII and 8 MB TNT2 Vanta! I'm running Win2000 now. In Win98 I set the disk cache (VCACHE) to 100 MB max. Most sliders are set to about 2/3. Some are full right. I do set the frame rate limit to near the minimum: 10. And, have 384 MB RAM. Ron