Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

Demo X-Plane

Guest Jos

Hi,I downloaded X-Plane in order to test it as demo.Pitty there is no quick start manual... maybe online ?I have to search all the functions... very sad. How do I configure my joystick so that it works as it does now with MSFS ?There is a possibility to run X-Plane on Windows but also on Linux. Which OS is the best ?Do it from a bootable CD with Knoppix software... but what about the X-Plane Flightsimumator: where should it then be installed ? Also on the bootable CD of DVD ?Maybe it's better to use a VirtualPC ?So many questions, h

>I downloaded X-Plane in order to test it as demo.>Pitty there is no quick start manual... maybe online ?>I have to search all the functions... very sad. How do I>configure my joystick so that it works as it does now with>MSFS ?There's some sort of manual in the subfolder "Instructions/X-Plane Manual".To configure joystick, buttons and keys go in the menu Settings->Joystick & Equipment.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Jos

Hi,Thanks...Have already a little problem: where does the demo starts... which airport... I am lost. Hahaha.OK... have found the Instructions X-Plane manual. It's in the C:X-Plane folder and not in the Simulator menu.Greetz. Jos

>Have already a little problem: where does the demo starts...>which airport... I am lost. Hahaha.The demo has only scenery for one airport, that is LOWI.All the rest of the world in the demo is water. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest Jos

Hi,In my case X-Plane demo starts with the former Norton Air Force Base, now known as San Bernadino International Airport (KBSD).So far so good... back to a normal situation.Greetz. Jos

>In my case X-Plane demo starts with the former Norton Air>Force Base, now known as San Bernadino International Airport>(KBSD).>So far so good... back to a normal situation.Oh yes sorry, I forgot in X-Plane 9 demo both LOWI and KSBD sceneries are available. You can even fly on Mars with the demo, just be sure to use the included mars-planes! :)Marco

Guest Jos

Hi,Can you tell me the key for getting the outside view (so that I can observe my aircraft) ?And how can I set the throttle of my joystick (what key ?).Can I pan from links to the right (view).I found a reseller of X-Plane in Belgium: http://www.simw.com .It's coming very slowly...Greetz. Jos

>Can you tell me the key for getting the outside view (so that>I can observe my aircraft) ?T - tower viewShift+3 - runway viewA - chase viewShift+ - outside viewShift+2 - spot viewCTRL+V - toggle cinema veriteI - night visionCtrl+O - 3D cockpit>And how can I set the throttle of my joystick (what key ?).Go in the "Joystick & Equipment" menu, "Axis" tab, move the throttle of your joystick to see what axis is linked to it, then assign that axis to the "throttle" function.You can assign different functions to joystick buttons in the tab "buttons": press the button you like and then assign the function. >Can I pan from links to the right (view).?Marco

Guest Jos

Hi,Well... I can assign only one gashandle (throttle 1) of the B777 but not the second one. They should move together...Greetz. Jos

>Well... I can assign only one gashandle (throttle 1) of the>B777 but not the second one. They should move together...Mmm... If I understood correctly, you have two levers on your joystick? Then assign them to "throttle 1" and "throttle 2" functions in the joystick & equipment->axis screen.Marco

Guest Jos

Hi,I have here the Saitek Cyborg EVO and there is only one lever.Greetz. Jos

>I have here the Saitek Cyborg EVO and there is only one>lever.Then make sure you assign that axis to "throttle" and not to "throttle1"Marco

Guest Jos

Hi,It's working fine now. Yahoo... here I come, h

Guest Jos

Hi,Can I take off from another airport in this demo, that has buildings and is full equiped ?Can I change the color of the water/river ? And how ? It's so pale and unreal. I red somewhere you can uncheck the fog too, but didn't find out how.I hoped to see other weather (downloaded and real). Maybe my settings are not right or I have to install a special program ?Are there already more sofisticated panals available ?Greetz. Jos

>Hi,>>Can I take off from another airport in this demo, that has>buildings and is full equiped ?No, in both demo and full version there are no default airports with buildings (except LOWI and KSBD I think)>Can I change the color of the water/river ? And how ? It's so>pale and unreal.In the rendering settings menu, activating/deactivating the "use pixel shaders" changes the color of the water.With that option deactivated you don't have water reflections though.>I read somewhere you can uncheck the fog too,>but didn't find out how.You can increase visibility in the weather screen.In X-Plane though, fog automatically rolls in if the frame rate is less than 20 FPS. This is to prevent flight model instabilities at low frame rate. The only way to prevent fog from appearing is to lower graphic settings to increase FPS.>Are there already more sofisticated panals available ?On www.x-plane.org and www.xplanefreeware.net there are a lot of aircrafts for X-Plane 8, I think many of them work in the latest beta of X-Plane 9.Marco