Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdg52

New to x-plane - questions

Guest bdg52

Hi,I have spent a little time with 8.6 and am somewhat impressed. I was curious about the new version 9. I read the features on the laminar site but wanted to hear directly from someone who is currently using the new version. Would someone mind providing the good, bad and ugly as well as the most standout improvements from 8 to 9?RegardsBob

The default airport (Innsbrook as I remember) is quite impressive in version 9. You can download version 9 and try it for 10 minutes at a time, for free. It just won't have the world's global scenery. And BTW, during the 10 minutes, put it on pause, and make all your configurations or plane changes.L.Adamson

There are quite a few improvements from V8 to V9 that I know of, including things such as improved performance when you have your graphics settings at what they would be in V8. Furthermore, it has improved flight dynamics and more failure modeling. It also has more ability to allow user control, for instance as of version 9.20 it has TrackIR 5dof support. It also supports most later V8 aircraft and even some V7 ones. It has things added such as reflective water and volumetric clouds, as well as 3d forests. That's just a handful of the improvements to V9 from V8.

Guest bdg52

Thank you much. I do appreciate you chiming in!RegardsBob