Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jos

FS scenery converted to X-Plane

Guest Jos

Hi,I converted my scenery to X-Plane. At first sight everything looks OK. As I have not X-Plane I must relay on beta-testers.I do not know if PAPI-lights are converted and work perfect. Is someone able to confirm that even PAPI-lights do convert in a perfect way ?Have also the program OverlayEdith. Yesterday I could open it but today I don't remember anymore how to fill in the path. Could open the Help files and saw the world map.I tried to register on the site of X-Plane but i got error message.Thanks anyway. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Got reply from a German X-Plane simmer who said that converted PAPI's do not work. Further that I should use X-Plane models of lightpole so that they can work correctly.For what concerns the OverlayEdith program... I was confused: it was rather the WED program I opened... sorry.Greetz. Jos

Guest Jos

Hi,Concerning the OverlayEdith program: after installing X-Plane 9 demo I could open this program easily.So these little problems are solved... now the bigger ones, h

The PAPIs seem to work on the scenery I have converted. I am also new to X-Plane and am figuring stuff out as I can. It might depend on the scenery that you are converting. Not sure yet.Scott

Guest Jos

Hi,Interesting.I have contacted an user of X-Plane and he opened a topic asking the X-Plane Team to concentrate their efforts to make landing and taxilights to work and display a splash light on the tarmac. See this topc via http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=34200 .There is always hope for better times.Greetz. Jos

Thank you. I was also wondering why the airfields I had converted were so dark at night. I'm glad it's nothing I have been doing wrong and that other people are experiencing the same thing. Thanks for contacting someone about it.One thing I am noticing on coverted sceneries is taxi lights sticking out of "converted" pavement. I can delete them individually in Overlay Editor, but I have yet to find a way to remove all of that object at one time.As for the PAPI lights, after conversions I have two sets - the ones that get converted, and the standard X-Plane PAPI lights. I'm not sure which ones work, but one set does. I guess you could get rid of the ones that are useless in Overlay Editor.Scott

Guest Jos

Hi,The PAPI's from my scenery don't work in X-Plane.Those in X-Plane are just lights on the ground.Greetz. Jos

I am curious as i am a new convert to xplane... what type of scenery are you converting? commercial or afcads any help is appreciatedSteve

Guest Jos

Hi,I converted my freeware scenery of Ostend (EBOS) Belgium.It was only a test to see if everything worked fine. Some textures were missing but the scenery was fine. Except of course the nightlighting and the 3D PAPI's who didn't work. Therefore I contacted X-Plane simmers who posted then a topic asking the X-Plane team to make work the lighting of lightpoles with splash light on the tarmac.EBOS scenery: http://users.skynet.be/maximil/Design.htm .It is not needed to convert the FSX version, FS9 do the job also correct (except the lights, PAPI's and trees).As I said, it' was only a test because I do not have X-Plane. I run FSX SP1 and should update to SP1a and SP2.Greetz. Jos

Guest chloemarqz

I am noticing on converted sceneries is taxi lights sticking out of "converted" pavement. I can delete them individually in Overlay Editor, but I have yet to find a way to remove all of that object at one time. yours,chloe_______________Simulation pret