Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Damaged vid card by overclocking.Will manufacture know?

Guest georgi55

Several people have told me that video card manufactures CAN identify if the card was damagged by overclcoking or not,and several other have told me the opposit.So which is it? Can the manufacture of video card identify if a card has gone bad because of overclking or sometihng else?Also, can you tell me the source of that info if possible? (I dont mind if you don't have the source and just post - i just wanna know what you've been told)Thanks in advance. :)Edit: I ment "by overclocking" not "my overclocking" My card is alive ;)

Guest gasebah

Well Georgi,I do not really know either. But a friend of mine who is working in a computer shop returns stuff that for guarantee that is obviously hurt by serious overclocking and temperature problems all the time without any problems. I guess it is just a rumour that some shop owners or manufacturers initiated to prevent people from overclocking. I would not worry too much. In Germany the manufacturer would have the task to prove that you hurt and overclocked the card deliberatly. And task that obviously cannot be met.Alex

What's your full name and address again, Georgi?Video Card Manufacturers Assn!!!:-lol

Are there any honest people left in this country??????????????

It's pretty obvious when looking at the fried goods that it is has been cooked off, there is generally this smell like no others coming from the plastic :-lolIt depends on the dealer/distributer as to whether they laugh in your face or honour the warranty...Ray

Guest jase439

Unlikely. Cards can "cook" for a variety of reasons, O/C'ing among them. It would be a difficult case to prove. Most manufacturers understand their die-hard customers want to O/C. Leadtek even includes overclocking utilities as part of their standard driver suite. If you have the privilege of simply *holding* one of their Ti4400 or 4600 cards, you will know, "This card screams, 'Overclock me! I dare ya!'" (and it does). Their GF4 line was *engineered* to overclock (and its earning them major kudos with the reviewers). It is probably a better-business model to eat the cost of a few burnt cards from your niche market in exchange for the increased sales that result from good reviews. The O/C'ers represent a 'niche' market - but it is the reviewer's market. By and large, 99% of those buying a new video card will never O/C - but many of those WILL still read those reviews. In the immortal words of Gladiator, "win the crowd, and win your freedom :)" Anyway, the bottom line: it would be hard to ignore a warranty for which you provided the tools the customer hung themselves on :). J

Guest georgi55

>Are there any honest people left in this >country?????????????? which?

Guest georgi55

OK guys, Im not asking this because I plan to do such a thing.There was discussion at Trainz forum and I wanted to know what will AVSIM users say.Thank you for replies.