Sign in to follow this  
misgav

IL-2 Sturmovik reinstall on new pc

I had IL2 installed on my old pc. when I got a new pc, IL2 was forgotten, intil now when I tried to install it.installation wnt fine and was completed. A window came up asking if I want directx 8 installed. I clicked 'no', not wanting to overwrite the current 9.1.I launch IL2, but the program won't load. Is it hopeless?EytanIntel 2core duo 4400 2.0 GHZ2.0 GB RAMGeforce 8600GT 256 MBwindows xp with sp2Samsung Syncmaster 931BF 19' monitor

I had the same problem on my new gaming PC with similar specs to yours. I'm wondering if the new graphic cards are too powerful for these older games/sims.What a disappointment, as I have the urge to fly combat sims again since there havent been any new ones released in ages.I have also found that this isn't just happening in flight sims either.