Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix5

Time to say farewell

Guest SilverCircle

Well,Time to say goodbye, I guess.Seeing one of the pioneers of FS addon development disappearing isn't exactly something which should make one happy.I could not always agree with everything in the old forum, but nevertheless, PSS gave many of us countless hours of excitement in FS. I can still remember, how excited I was after installing their 747 for FS2000 years ago. It was my first "complex" addon and back in those days, it was among the best things you could spend your money on. I'am still enjoying the A340 panel every now and then - given the fact, that it is now well over 4 years old, this shows that it has been a very good product.

Guest SilverCircle

>Hello Pete,>>Can someone or you post the procedure as I want to backup all>PSS aircraft I own before the whole PSS site goes blank :(Well, for the Airbus(ses):Backup the aircraftPss* folders (basically, everything which starts with PSSab*).You also need to backup the gauges, of course. Luckily, there is only one .gau file per airbus product and this is PSS-A320.gau for the 32x series and PSS-A330.gau for the 330/340 product.And you must backup the main pss folder (fs9pss) because this contains all the utilities, the navdata files and the stored flightplans.That should do it.

Jamie,I thought I had seen someone else post an even better solution but I can't find that post, so credit goes to that user. Login to your PSS account and install as usuall, however, choosing a location other than your FS path. I have 3 harddrives, so I just picked d:PSSAirbus and d:PSS757 and so forth.I believe I had an error with the Airbus at the very end, probably because it was looking for a FS2004.cfg etc., yet it installed all necessary files into the appropriate directory. This way you can backup the original, in tact folder structure and burn it for backup.When the time for reinstall comes, just copy/paste those folders into your root FS9 i. E. C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 directory. You should be all set.I tried it this weekend and it works like a charm.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Steven,all the best to your new winds ...i left PSS just after A320 started so i know a little about your feelings ....see youPhil

Guest simonmd

I too had many threads either censored, locked or just deleted with no responce in the bad days of the T7 launch and I had a few heated conversations with Norman and Steve. When it became clear that PSS' attitude was 'shut up and wait' and their mistaken admision that they KNEW the T7 wasn't ready for release but they wanted it out for Xmas, I let it be and vowed to never buy another PSS product again, no matter how good it was. Of course, we don't know whether this sad state of affairs is finacial or other but a LOT of people will aggree with me when I say PSS had this comming.HOWEVER, unlike the other PSS management/officials, Steve has had the decency and good manners to post his message to us and I am highly respectfull of that. Steve, I wish you well and hope your future plans turn out how you want.Simon D.

Extremely sad news. PSS set the bar with their innovative releases for FS 2000.ricardo

Thanks all very much for the reply!I worry about the .ini files (757.ini e.g.), I plan to upgrade my computer in near future (due to FSX :) ) and I have to install just like the old system without editting these paths. Or can I ignore these ini's? I see other threads about this matter and suggest to close this one and continue in the other thread. Thanks again!Jamie

Guest francisco863

Dear Steven,In fact I didn't have so much contacts with you but I realize that something is wrong with PSS!I hope you come back soon with good news.FranciscoPortugal

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.