Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Welcome to the new forum

Guest vrandar

As Tom has said in his post, we no longer have individual forums for each of the products that PSS provided (and hopefully will do again). This is sad but Tom has been kind enough to let us have this unofficial forum where we can continue supporting the PSS aircraft.John Rooum will provide support on the Boeing. I'm very grateful to John as I know next to nothing about Boeings. He will give more info in due course.I will continue to provide support on the PSS A320 and A330/A340 family. Additionally I am happy to provide support for any Airbus merges, for example the iFDG/PSS merge.At the moment we do not have any support for the Dash 8, Concorde or Vulcan. If anyone would like to help here all offers will be gratefully accepted.It will take a few days before we are fully up to speed but please do post your questions as you have done in the past and I hope you will be satisfied with the support we provide.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Rob, your one of the guys on here that I really admire. Your willingness to help others with PSS products is a admirable quality and I for one, applaud your enthusiasm.I want to remove the reply I gave to Steve Drabeck defending 'Phoenix' (PSS) because I am annoyed that they have left you in this position.All power to your elbow Rob, your a saint. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest knack

Good luck, Rob and John! Nice to know that there IS support for all the folks out there who are using PSS products.Cheers! :-beerchug Tony

Guest Mike Phyrio

It would appear that a description of the situation for PSS can be summed up in one word: dire.

Rob,are all the old messages lost or somewhere in cyberspace ? good luck for the support job.Phil

Phil,Rob is trying to regain access - there's a fount of knowledge there!John R

And he now has access in order to create FAQS for the PSS products. The forums are open temporarily and are closed to posting, but that will allow Rob to do his thing.

Tom,Very many thanks. Appreciate that it can only be temporary - we'll try and get the gen out as quickly as possible.John Rooum

Tom,this is great i will save too some of my posts i made to help users ....thanks a lot.great job.Phil

Those of you who have followed this forum will know that AVSIM originally closed it down completely. Tom Allensworth then kindly agreed to keep it open so that Rob and I could provide unofficial support for those still using PSS products.It is not a place for those who wish to merely repeat criticisms that they have been voicing for years nor for those frustrated at the loss of their PSS products {although I have great sympathy with the latter and hope that we may eventually be able to help}.Today

Guest albertomolteni

>they have also re-opened suggestions of piracy. Both have, in>my view, gone too far and I would not be surprised to see>AVSIM taking action.>>John RooumJohn,as I made a reference to "certain torrents" in another thread, I feel this may also be directed to me. Allow me to explain.I'm going to be very honest here - yes I regularly search and download torrents for payware, copyright FS addons which I am interested in! I also take it upon myself to follow a strict rule - buy it within a week or uninstall it.Why do I do this? As I mentioned elsewhere, I am a student with limited pocket money. I cannot afford to buy a lot of addons, which is why I want to make sure that I get the most bang for my buck. Where trial versions are available (e.g. Cloud9, UK2000, etc) I use those. If a friend has already bought what I'm looking for, I hop over for a test ride. Where none of these options are available, I look for torrents.Does this harm the payware designers? I think not, in fact quite the opposite. It ensures that my money goes to the people who, in my opinion, deserve it most, thus giving me a greater chance of seeing other products from the same designers in the future. Realair, Eaglesoft, Carenado and -crucially- PSS all profited from this, in that I was glad to buy their aircraft which, in torrent form, had so favourably impressed me. I would not have bought those products had I not had the chance to try them first.Once I have bought an addon, I sometimes share it with friends whom I trust to follow the same rules as me. Realair had two extra customers after I shared my F260 installer.Of course I do realise that the same torrents are used by people who have no regard for the developers' hard work, and who never purchase anything. I condemn this as much as anyone else here.Back to the PSS topic - I paid

Alberto,I do not doubt your honesty or that you believe that you are doing nothing wrong. That said, I have little doubt that in order to survive such sites need as much useage as possible; think who pays for them etc? By using them, you could be helping the sites to stay in business and, as a follow up, encouraging piracy.If this assessment is wrong, I am sure that there are those with far more experience of the web who will correct me.As to PSS, everybody agrees 100% with you; indeed I think that there are those who are far worse off financially than the possible loss of part of a single add-on. {I would send the files tomorrow if I felt I could, but I still respect the other PSS developers whose work this is.} So, as I have said before, I hope that we might eventually be able to help those bona fide customers of PSS who have lost files but, if we do, it will be done properly. I would like to close this thread now and get on with genuine support topics. However, if you want to continue discussion on the use of torrents etc for FS add-ons, I suggest that you post on the main FS9 forum.John Rooum

Guest albertomolteni

>I would like to close this thread now and get on with genuine>support topics.Ok, thank you for your reply :)