Sign in to follow this  
Guest boastler

PSS 757 EICAS prob

Guest boastler

Hi all,I'm not exactly up to speed on what's happening with PSS, but I do know that as a brand new owner of the JustFlight download version of the 757, I happen to very excited. My only problem is that the numbers/letters in the EICAS, HSI, FDI, CDU, and setup window are not displaying.There's an old post somewhere that I found on google that dealt with this, but I can't access it for some reason.I see someone else already asked whether the JF download package is PSS's version 1.0 or 1.3- any news on that for anyone who emailed JF already?Thanks,Brad O.

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi,I did get an answer from Just Flight and they said that their version 1.0 were in fact the lasted version PSS files.Regards,Matthew

Brad,You need the two fonts which are part of the 757 package and should be installed automatically. I do not know exactly how JF packages the 757 {it may not be the same as PSS} so first try a clean re-install - if this fails there is a note on the JF forum about getting them from JF directly.John Rooum

Guest HowardP

Hi John,I have the same problem! I don't suppose you could put a link to the JF post could you as I can't find it?Many thanksHoward

Howard,Check the support on the Justflight site but select the 777:--- beginLetters or numbers on the glass displays or the setup display, but all other graphics are showing. Once the installation had finished the windows fonts folder had opened.Please go to Control Panel and open up the fonts folder and look for the following fonts: "baloo" and "irs".If they are present drag the two fonts out onto your desktop. Ensure that the Fonts folder is in "Classic View" mode and then drag the fonts back from the desktop into the Fonts folder so that they are installed again by Windows. This should solve the problem.If they are not present or you continue to experience this problem then please contact Technical Support.--- endHope this helps...jamie

The Just Flight (PSS) 757 has exactly the same foont installation issue that the PSS 777 has. Apparently not everyone will experience it, but the fact is that some of us do/did.I purchased the 757 Pro from Just Flight on Friday. They haven't responded to a single support email yet, answering in their forum that the support desk only deals with requests from Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm... oh well...So I asked around, and a friendly legal user of the 757 sent me the two fonts necessary: baloo.ttf and IRS___.ttf. You just need to install them manually in the Windowsfonts directory (copy and paste into the directory, Windows does the rest automagically...)I'm not impressed with Just Flight at all, they flatly refused to add it to the FAQ as an issue for the 757...Last addon I ever buy from JF... and their response to that made me laugh too!PM me via AVSIM if you would like the fonts...Andrew

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.