Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Pitiful and Inexcusable Non-Response From PSS

Hello,I stopped buying from PSS when they released their B777 just before Christmas to get the holiday dollars, even though the triple seven was not ready for release. It was so bad I ended up getting a charge-back on my credit card. I think this was the start of the downfall of PSS.I do not know the quality of the B757 because I did not purchase it, i'm waiting on Level-D. I hope everyone who did purchase both of these aircraft are able to get their money's worth. I think it is very noble of the volunteers that have picked up this cause.On the other hand, it is inexcusable for the entire staff of PSS just to walk away from their customers without even having the decency to explain their situation and/or that PSS was closing. They ran like a bunch of gipsees in the middle of the night. The only member of PSS that announced he was leaving was Steven Cullen and for that I thank you.As for the rest of the PSS staff, I will never purchase anything any of you produce no matter what future company you/they create or company you/they work for!.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Michael,Please read the public posts which explain why this new forum was generated - Rob & I and many users of PSS products are grateful to AVSIM for setting it up and we wish it to continue. Your views on PSS are well known but if you wish to repeat them it would perhaps be better do it to PSS directly - we wish to keep this as agreed with AVSIM as an unofficial support forum.Many ThanksJohn Rooum

Hi John,I read the public post as to why this new forum was created, its because PSS disappeared without so much as a goodbye. As far as the statement made above, it is the first time this statement has been made by me, I am not repeating myself.I don't know if you tried to access PSS forum support via their web site, I have, if you go to PSS's web site and select support forum, this is where you are taken.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Wow, such righteous indignation....It's only a flight sim add-on:)

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

I have to express my own 'game-feelings' at all this. Principle is principle - PSS should have closed with more dignity than this. They shot themselves in the foot and head with their own poor service one pellet at a time since the new 777. What a pathetic ending to a once very significant name in the fs community - talk about going out with a whimper :-rollOh well - life goes on. Thanks to those who stepped up for unofficial support - I will pipe up if I pass thru and see any question I may have an ans for.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Just because they do not offer support any more doesn't mean to say that they have stopped trading.If you don't approve of their attitude then maybe offer to help eh?I do agree though that they should have made some sort of announcement instead of just letting support go to a few friendly individuals using their own time to answer questions.Come on PSS, speak up. You owe us that at least surely?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest simonmd

I'd like to support and indorse Michael's views. The management at PSS couldn't run a bath, nevermind a decent software company. I too was deeply upset by their treatment of PAYING customers with the WAY TOO EARLY release of the T7. Their attitude was either, 'If you don't like it don't use it', er HELLO? I've PAID for this!! Or, 'maybe you could do better?', no I can't, that's why I PAID them to do it for me!!If they do go under, it will be such a shame because their products showed glimmers of brilliance. The T7 has to be the best Boeing panel bar none that was spoilt by the model and FDE. I honestly believe that their moto was 'get it on sale, get the money and fix it later (if we really have to)'. I for one objected to paying them to be a BETA tester!The really sad thing is that there are very few 'top end' FS9/X developers and loosing PSS will only make the others more domanant. Any competition, even a bad one, is good for the market as a whole, PMDG must be laughing their heads off at this!However, I'd like to congratulate and thank those responsible for giving some of their time for nothing and setting up this 'unofficial' support forum. It's people like this that the PSS management team needed to stop this sad state of affairs from occuring in the first place.

As someone who has purchased all of PSS' products since their original 777 for FS2000 all I can say is I'm very disappointed, but not entirely surprised.The rot set in with the A330/A340 release, and it's all been downhill since then. We've seen the public faces of PSS on the forum here jump ship in recent months, and now it appears they have finally gone with a whimper.Whilst I will look back with fond memories of their older products, after the thoroughly unprofessional and shambolic way they handled the 777 and 757 released I won't mourn the loss of PSS.Credit where it's due though... Norman and Steven did an excellent job and I think they were wasted at an outfit like PSS. Thanks also to Rob and John for taking up the torch and continuing support in an unofficial capacity.

I do support you Mike, although I rarely post a message here, I do read the PSS forum often. Norman and Steve messages helped me a lot in solving my problems. Credits go to them. About PSS products: I fly them often, so I guess they where worth buying them. Working around the known issues.Off PSS-topic:It's time for some sort of 'quality mark' for companies who sell FS products. Now I lookup support fora to check the quality of support before I buy from a specific company (was about to treat myself the pss757 finding out the store was closed).It's also sad to mention your company-blacklist is incomplete Mike... Unfortunately there are more companies some even close to scam.Bad for the market... this draws people into the dark side of the internet.

>If you don't approve of their attitude then maybe offer to>help eh?Missing the point Dave, people have paid for their product (I know you're aware of this) and when they see this "so called" company treating their customers in this manner there will be no enthusiasm to help, why should they? PSS obviously don't give a toss about their customers.I fly the Dash for a living, I am in a position to help, which I will do any way I can but the "silence" of PSS is just breeding more contempt, and if they are indeed still going to trade they may just have put the final nail in the proverbial coffin by keeping zipped.Dean__________________________________________________Q400 DriverQVA CFI

Guest Bernie Rottweiler

Hi,If PSS is really "closing its doors" I do find it really sad, I have to admit that.The 777 is a good product with the patches - and I say that although I can

BernieNever seen this problem although the 777 has been out for several years. However, if the set up panel does not work, try the following:Go the the folder FS9/PSS/Boeing 757 and open the file PanelConfig.dat {you can use Notepad as the editor}. The first two lines are:startup_EnginesOff=0startup_ColdAndDark=0Change these to:startup_EnginesOff=1startup_ColdAndDark=1Close and save and restart FS9 and the 777 will be C&D.I often use this rather than starting FS9, making a change and then restarting.John Rooum

Guest Bernie Rottweiler

Hi John,Thanks for the suggestion - I

Guest mj73

Haven't been on the forums for a while (long enough to forget my login!) and just realised whats been happening. I've got the Concorde, A330, A340 and Vulcan installed on FS9 but obviously can't do the install to a dummy folder thing now. Can someone tell me what I need to back up for future reinstall purposes? Thanks.And for the record, i'm less than impressed that they've apparently cut and run without at least providing some kind of mechanism for users to easily reinstall products they've purchased with their hard earned greens in good faith.

Guest pakket

What PSS did is that they sold the copyrights of there aircraft to justflight and had to close there website. PSS ran off with our licenses to install the planes and they won't come backBest regards, martijn