Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flywolf

A330/ A340 and FS-X

Guest Flywolf

Hi, I was wondering if anyone know if the PSS A330/340 will work with FS-X.Thanks in advanceJoe

Guest Flywolf

Anyone know how to make the A330/340 work in fsx?ThanksJoe

Guest vrandar

At the moment the answer is no but I anticipate that once I get my new laptop early in January which will have both Vista and FSX we will be able to start work on FSX compatibility. This of course will be with one hand tied behind the back as we don't have the code for the gauge file.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest jgcomp

I think a few simmers, including myself, got the A320, A330, A340 working in FSX with Amedee's modifications. The aircrafts perform within a few "constraints" but they are quite flyable and their FMCs behave very close to what is seen in FS2004. I use them often with a lot of fun. Again, they are modified.Jean-Guy

Rob,First, thanks for stepping up to this new level of support.Amedee Vermeire worked out a lot of what was needed to getting both the A320 and A330 working in FSX. There is a file in the Flightsim (not Avsim) library pss2fsx3.zip in which he lays out what to do. I did both the A320 and A340 and got them working rather well. I recall the following:(1) I used the method of using the PSS installers pointed to the FSX directory with no problems.(2) I changed some of Amedee's panel modifications.(3) I used Bob Scott's FDE V1.2 (Phoenix Site's User Edits). I also used the FS9 aircraft.cfg parameter changes for the A320 to prevent pitching up during landing approaches.(4) You have to modify the MCDU's roll parameters and Amedee worked out the settings that work best after the Flightsim file was posted. He explains how to do it (right click on one of the MCDU keys). As I recall its 25 for the first parameter, 6 for the second, and the 3rd is unchanged. No one was able to get the A320 to hold the settings but the A330 does keep them.(5) I also had to use the FS9 recommended procedure of loading the default Cessna 172 before the Airbus.(6) For me at least, the major annoyance was with the night lighting of PFD etc. displays in the VC being very dim. I don't recall anything else that didn't work.(7) You can move your saved PSS flight plans from FS9 to the corresponding folder in FSX and it will find them. I don't recall being able to import FSX .pln files though.I'd be happy to share my panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files with you if you are interested and its not violating some license provision(s)

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.