Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

PSS products reinstallation ?

Leo,Thanks for the detail. I agree system restore is more than a bit of a bother. Perhaps Ben's post opens the door.Jim Harnes

I have been having problems with a reinstall of the PSS family after an unistall/reinstall of FS9. I just tried the new folder technique as described above and still get a corrupted file error and the install stops. This is after several downloads of the setup file from PSS website. Can't figure out what's going on. Unfortunately this all happened at the same time PSS decided to take a walk.JohnEdit: Actually the error states "Zip file read error". But still no installation.

John,Your error message is somewhat different to ones I have seen but I suggest that you try the following:Have a look in your C:Documents and settingsUser NameLocal SettingTemp folder. If a previous install did not finalise, it can leave files in this folder which will inhibit the next re-install. Delete anything you can find to do with PSS and, if in doubt, you can delete everything in the folder. {Just to be safe, you can cut and paste into a storage folder}. Then try a re-install.Note it doesn't really matter where you direct the installer - I have been using a separate folder as a store for a couple of years.If this doesn't work, post back and we can try something else.John Rooum

Just to add to what has been said above. I installed a clean FS9 into an old system, copied across FSUIPC and then pasted the 757 files across from a DVD {including all the liveries}. I made no registry changes. Evertything worked fine and I completed a two hour flight in LNAV/VNAV without incident.John R

I have done similarly - PSS birds work fine as long as folder/file structures are correct. Cannot recommend the 'dummy install' backup procedure strongly enough. Do it asap everybody - either that or just backup your existing installations if you know all the bits required.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.