Sign in to follow this  
Guest ac772LR

FSX compatibility for the T7 and 757

Guest ac772LR

Hi all,Now that PSS is done, is there anyone looking at tinkering with the T7 or 757 panel/aircraft to make them FSX compatible along the lines of Amedee Vermeire

Guest N775UA

I too would like to know about this. It's probably going to be a long while before someone makes a PSS qualilty or better 777. The Wilco one is utter crap. I'd love to have my old 777 back in the barn!

HiI agree with you.With the the negative feelings about PSS, I am still a fan of their products. I flew everything they made since FS 2002. My personal opinion is that PSS is leaving a big vacuum in the sim worldI have tried other airbus sims by Wilco and I find that it is riddled with problems and bugs and more recently, I have tried their 777-200GE after I read Andrew Herds review at Flightsim.com. It pales next to PSS T7.PSS products with their small number of bugs, e.g the PSS 757, and 777, are the best there is in the sim world. And the Concorde tops all.I wish some company out there e.g. Just flight or Flight One take up these products pay some designers/developes to bring them to the next level of FSX compatibility. I am and many others may agree to pay for the upgrades. I did for the LDS767 and for the PMDG 747 with no second thoughts.Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Guest jgcomp

Hi Bill,I was contemplating purchasing the 777 from PSS because I love operating the Dash/Airbus/Concorde I purchased from them. I found their FMCs much better than any others I tried. Since the PSS store is closed, I was wondering going to someone else with the idea to flying Boeing now to get used to it. You mentioned you acquired LDS767 and the PMDG 747. In fact I already tried Wilco/Feelthere, IFLY and a few others. I felt I got taken because the FMCs are not really doing what PSS accustomed me to expect. They may have a nice aircraft but I am looking for as real as it may get concerning operation and mostly navigation. So my question is: Are the LDS767 and/or the PMDG747 FMCs behaving as they should i.e. accepting manual flight plans correctly rather than following whatever the "FSX flight planner" dictates. I hope the above is clear enough!Thanks in advanceJean-Guy

Guest simonmd

I've not tried the LDS or PMDG products in FSX yet but can say that in FS9, IMHO, they are MUCH better that the PSS offering. Flightplans can either be downloaded, converted from programs such as FS Navigator or entered manualy, waypoint by waypoint. There is also much more general support for these from the FS community with new SID/STAR files being released all the time for these. Simon D

Simon,Actually for PSS 777/757 in FS9 just about the same applies, with the additional benefit of inputting FS9 flight plans directly from the FS9 FP folder. PSS SID/STAR are also available from Navigraph.But that's FS9 and I believe that Jean-Guy was interested in FSX and you will see from other posts the problem here. That said, I am flying an FS Commander generated FP in the 757 in FSX at the moment - but that's another story!John Rooum

I use FSBuild to make my flightplans. Then I copy them to the corresponding flight plan folders under FSX.In my system (Win XP, ATI X1950 with 512 RAM, and system 4MB RAM, I am getting FPS of 12-17)the LDS and PMDG behave exactly as expected, taking advantage of FSX features expecially the VC views. The FMC works very well in both sims and is in complete syn with the MCP. The dynamics are super in both sims. I use Activesky X as well.The only thing is that FSX ATC does not follow the STAR upon landing and approach, but that is FSX. If you wish to fly Manually, you can certainly do.Hope I answered your questions.Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Guest jgcomp

Yes, it does, Bill, and many thanks for taking the time to answer so nicely.Jean-Guy

>Hi all,>Now that PSS is done, is there anyone looking at tinkering>with the T7 or 757 panel/aircraft to make them FSX compatible>along the lines of Amedee Vermeire

Jim,I have been looking at the 777 in FSX through RTM, SP1 & SP2.A couple of quick questions:1. How did you get external power and air to connect? I was able to start ok on the APU but could not connect out external power.2. On the positive side, I have seen no CTD from the set up menu and I seem to remember that the other selections generally work.3. First priority when you get airborne is to look at the AP pitch control. This seems to be a problem in SP2 {ok in the earlier releases} and I could not immediately see a fix.I'll run it again as soon as I get the chance and post some more details.John Rooum

>I use FSBuild to make my flightplans. Then I copy them to the>corresponding flight plan folders under FSX.>Why do it that way when FSBuild will do it automatically for you. If you are also running FS9 then make a copy of the FSBuild folder and rename it to FSBuild FS9 and the other to FSBuild FSX. Then just adjust the settings for each. Works perfectly for me.Just a thought. Happy New Year.

Guest kick

>>Hi all,>>Now that PSS is done, is there anyone looking at tinkering>>with the T7 or 757 panel/aircraft to make them FSX>compatible>>along the lines of Amedee Vermeire

HiKick you are probaly quite correct, but no harm in trying So just a quick update.After several CTD

Guest bjjones

>Just flight or Flight One>take up these products pay some designers/developes to bring>them to the next level of FSX compatibility.>BillThey would only need completing, beta versions of FSX panels and gauges for both the 757 and 777 exist.

Hi AgainI just noticed that my post had been edited, to clarify my post I was refering to the place down below, just in case anybody thought that I was using obscene language.I apologise and hope that I have not offended anybodyJim

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.