Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Airbus `320 problem and repaint question

Guest vrandar

Welcome to the forum. Copuld I ask that you put your name at the bottom of your posts as it's a bit more friendly that way. Thanks.I had the same problem on one occcasion but will have to look back on my notes to see what solved it but I do think it was related to the MS Dead Battery problem. I know you have tried starting with a default aircraft but it is perhaps worth me going through the steps again. The dead battery problem affects quite a few 3rd party add-ons and is a result of the simulator expecting certain state variables to be loaded when the first aircraft is loaded in your FS session. If you jump straight in to your PSS aircraft some of these variables do not load and cause various problems. These are usually electrical but can affect control surfaces as well. So...Start FS9 and load a default MS aircraft. I load the Boeing 737 but have never flown it. Make sure the engines are OFF and avionics ON. SAve that as the default flight. As far as I can tell it doesn't matter which airport you are at for this saved default flight, I use Inverness here in Scotland as it is my local airport and I've never had a problem. Then shut down FS.Run FS9 again and load the default flight that you have just saved. Then you can switch to your PSS aircraft (which can be cold and dark if you wish). DO that every time you start an FS9 session.That might not solve your problem so I will go through my notes and get back to you.I can't immediately see anything wrong with the aircraft.cfg. As FS9 is listing the flight but not showing it that indicates to me a problem with one of your graphics files. Another person here is bound top be an expert at these things or perhaps you can post in one of the other avsim forums where repaint experts are more likely to lurk.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest iranair767

thanks a lot for helping, the guys on another forum just blanked me.ill try it out next time, but do you mean to load the default a/c with engines off and avionics on, save it as default and then restart fs and load that fight that i just saved then fire up PSS (this is for whenever i want to fly the PSS) or should i just load the default flight and then change to PSS?thanks againAli

Hi AliFor all PSS products you should load the default flight then ,the way I do it,is to locate to my starting location using default aircraft then I select my PSS aircraft which I will then use for my flight.Norman

Guest iranair767

i tried what you suggested, but it still didn't work :(ali

Guest iranair767

I have had it for quite a while. But when I first brought it, i wasn't too familiar with FMC's, actual flight operations etc that sort of stuff, and after a while I just left it in my virtual hanger to gather dust. and anyway, I loved flying Boeing :(when I did Learn how to fly Boeing a/c with FMC and everything, I decided to try out the 320 again, and now the elevator wont move

TimCan you open your panel cfg. and somewhere in there I think there's a 'window 08' section there's a 'size' line and the value should 2,2 but might be 1,1. If it is change it to 2,2 and see if it has any effect.Tim

Guest iranair767

all it says in the panel.cfg of the panel folder of the aircraft is:[fltsim]alias=PssAB-propanel

Guest vrandar

The panel.cfg is in the FS9 /aircraft/PSSAB-Pro/panel folder.I haven't forgotten about your problem and will try to give you a solution shortly if the others that have been suggested here don't work.Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest iranair767

Thank a lot :)I just changed it from 1,1 to 2,2 and it made no difference at all

Guest iranair767

Hi,I'm having problems with my PSS A320. whenever i try to do a flight, the elevator and the ailerons dont move and its a s though something is stopping them, however much force i put onto them, they come up for a split second before going back down automatically. Ive checked the AP and the FD and all those and they are all off, and i have no more options now. I have also checked the trim settings and all are normal and have even tried to startup PSS A320 after loading a default fs plane with no luck. My other problem is that i have done this repaint for the A320, and i now want to test it out, but fs doesnt seem to bring up the repaint. it shows iran air as listed, but doesnt bring up the repaintrepaint:fsscr005-4.jpg.ir folder contentsfsscr005-5.jpg.cfgfsscr022-1.jpgconfig file which is in the texture.ir folderfsscr023.jpg

Guest iranair767

yup, I cant take off, but the weird thing is the rudder works perfectly

When I first got my A320 I had the same problem and changing the size figure in the panel cfg. was what PSS support told me to do and it fixed it. Could you actually fly it when you first got it Ali or has this probem only just started since you tried to fly it again?I don't know what Rob thnks but it really does sound like a variation on the mouse flicker bug.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.