Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

Load Editor Fuel Planner problems

HiI am wondering if anyone has any kind of solution for this, In Vista Home Premium, the 757 Load editor and Fuel Planner are giving me errors, but the 777 doesn't, the 777 works perfect, just wondering if ANYONE has a solution or has gotten the 757 load editor and fuel planner to work, I have seen it work and then I do some other things on the computer and when I come back it doesn't work I don't know what is messing it up though, also there is no Icon on these, just a white box with a blue border this is when it IS working and when it is NOT working. Here are the errors that I get, these are screenshots, if i can put them in the forum without attaching I will try but for now they are attached. You don't have to download if you click the attachment it refers you to see the error messages, just click "back" on your browser to come back to this screen, don't worry the error message isn't on your computer its on a screenshot, I just clicked it and thought there was something wrong.thanksAnthony

Hi Anthony,I run Vista Home Premium UK version and have no trouble displaying and working with both the Fuel and Load editor.You may be having a Vista problem when you are getting a Net Framework error.Do you have all of the vista updates loaded onto your machine?In my control panel I am showing three entries for net framework incl no 4 which is the latest one.Check this out as your problem is vista related and nothing to do with the Pss 757 files!If you have doubts about how upto date your vista installation is go to the microsoft website and search for vista updates.RegardsNorman

I am not sure where in control panel to look for these, also when I run windows update and install updates there are always these 2 updates that fail, I don't know what to do to fix this but if you have any ideas let me knowthanksAnthony

also on the all programs panel under pss and 757 do your icons show up as little airplanes like they are supposed to or do they show up like the boxes that I have?thanksAnthony

Anthony,As we have noted before - yout icons are exactly the same as in XP. As Norman said - you need to look to your Vista installation. I would recommend that you try some of the excellent Windows forums.John R

Okay, I didn't know they were the same, the 777 has airplane icons so that is what threw me off. I have completed all updates on vista, I'll see what the windows forums say.

I had .net framework 2.0 installed, I installed 3.5 and I got a different error, now I am reinstalling the 757 and we'll see what happens.thanksAnthony

I installed the .net framework 3.5 and I am not sure if it is fixxed quite yet, it works for now after the reinstall of the 757. I am not sure what will happen if I delete this spyware my spybot is picking up, does anyone know if the file vcmgcd32.dll does anything in the c:windows/system32 folder, I think this is spyware, the question is will it mess up the fuel planner and load editor, I have deleted this before but am not sure if it is necessary for these programs to run.thanksAnthony

Anthony,Make a back up of your 757 files first.If you delete this file and it screws up the editors all you need to do is reinstall the required files.RegardsNorman

It worked after I deleted it. I let it sit for a day and it changed it's mind. with the new framework I get an error saying the following. "Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b),Click OK to terminate the program" you click okay and get the "has stopped working" thing that was attached to the other post. this new error happens for both the fuel and load editors.thanksAnthony

I think it has to be the 757 files IF the 777 and 757 files are the same. the 777 works fine. I don't know if there are any differences besides how it calculates each figure, the location of the files, the icon, and the name. but something has to be different that is messing with it considering the 777 works fine. I just copied the fuel planner and editor from my laptop (xp) and it works again, I am sure the same thing is going to happen though.I am not stealing anything, fs9 is not on my laptop, this is experimentalthanksAnthony

Anthony,If you Google that error number, you will see lots of examples of this error with other programmes. One of them might point you in the right direction.BTW I am assuming the Fuel Planner works fine on your XP laptop?John R

it does, but the load editor won't just because there is no fs on there.thanks for the information JohnI appreciate you guys taking the time to help meAnthony

AnthonyThe failed to initialize error happens when you after right clicking the program you fail to click on run as administrator.I have both load editors workimg however my 777 version is the Just Flight one on a CD.What sort of files are you running? Are they by download or from CD-this comment applies to the t7 only.Norman

all of my products are download. I haven't been clicking run as administrator though.thanksAnthony

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.