Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

Load Editor Fuel Planner problems

Anthony,It is well worth remembering that when using Vista you should always right click when opening a program and highlight "run as administrator " in order to avoid some silly errors .Hope this helpsNorman

Is it possible it was a virus causing these errors?I had the same problem again, googled it and it said it could be a virus throwing false errors. I just recopied from my xp laptop and it works again.I don't know what the deal is.thanksAnthony

Anthony,The load /fuel editor on your vista machine ,are you copying the files over from your xp installation? If you are ,this could well be the cause of all your problems.Some progs have not reacted well to just being copied over and in lots of cases a full reinstall from source onto the vista machine has cleared lots of similar problems.Norman

Norman,I've done a full reinstall after the installation of the new .net framework, it worked for a while and had a problem again, I just copy the files from my xp machine and it works fine until it decides to stop again, I just recopy and go on, If I have to do this a few times that's fine with me as long as it works. Also I am the administrator on my computer but in properties the "run as administrator" option is gray and it won't let me choose it, any ideas of how to fix this? this could also be causing the problem.thanks for the help NormanAnthony

Anthony,The grayed out box could indicate a vista problem.Is this graying out always present or only for this editor?My instinct would be to try a repair/reinstall of vistaNorman

Okay, That would be my last option, I just have so many things I'd have to reinstall. I appreciate your help, I might look into the grey box a little more if you think this would help my vista experience.thanksAnthony

Norman,I just thought I would let you know what the story was with the run as administrator, with a shortcut it can't be done from the compatibility menu, you have to go to the shortcut menu and select "advanced" button, then you can do it. I appreciate the help, I'll let you know if this helps with my problem.thanksAnthony

AnthonyPlease e mail me at www.normanbowman@btinternet.com with the following info.What platforms are you using to host you FS and which version of the sim do you use?Why ,when using Vista do you use compatability mode?I have done some research into various items and may be able to provide some help!RegardsNorman Bowman

Guest NormanB

Even if you were able to successfully copy the files over to another machine, the load editor *wont* work without a registry key.I have a version that was compiled without this additional check however it would still need additional, manual entries in the registry to point at the network share. Even then, I have no idea if it would work correctly - it was never designed that way.

Hi Norman,I think his problem {amongst many others} is the 757 not the 777.Happy New Year!John R

Guest NormanB

Sorry John,Seems I misread that - oops.HNY to you also!

Hey guys, I am still having the problem, I just copy every time, but I think I may have a solution to the "run as administrator" being grayed out, do you have User Account Control enabled or disabled?thanksAnthony

AnthonyAccount Control on my machine is disabled.My recent e mail to your last one has been returned as undelivered!Are you having problems?E mail me again and I will have another go!RegardsNorman

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.