Sign in to follow this  
Guest VetJet

I just bought the 757. My impressions

Guest VetJet

Hello gang:I may be the first and only person who has bought the newly labeled PSS 757 under the Just Flight banner and I wanted to share my experience with you guys, especially if you are on the fence about buying. First, the buying experience with Just Flight was pretty easy and straight forward. Not as easy as direct from the defunct PSS, but similar to a Flight 1 purchase. I think the model is really beautiful and well done. The panel bitmaps seem well done to me. Honestly, better than the dated Level-D 767 bitmaps. The VC flight deck is also highly satisfying to me. I have done 3 legs so far. I have used the fuel planner and load editor. I have used the FMC and entered plans, legs alterations in flight, step climbs, autolands etc... The only weird thing is the VNAV descent, which I think acts crazy sometimes (as it does in the pss 777). The flight dynamics are impressive to me. Finally the overall product has been 100% stable in my system (P4 Prescott 3.2Ghz, 2gigs ram, NVIDIA 7800 GS AGP) My frame rates have been above 20FPS as long as I keep traffic below 25% on big airports. I have followed the PSS debacle for 2 years now and I thought I never buy the 757, but I was desperate for the bird and took a chance. I am really impressed and the product has performed above my expectations. I really expected a piece of $#$# according to everything I have read in the forums for the last year, but I stand corrected. It is NOT of Level-D or PMDG caliber. It needs a better sound package. But overall, I love the bird and I am obsessed now flying it every day. I hope this helps any potential buyers. Comments welcomed.Thanks,Whadzen

Guest MatthewSchoenberg

Hi,I too have bought the 757 from Just Flight and I would mirror your impressions.Regards and Happy Holidays to all.Matthew

I must look into getting this (when price drops?).I initially read so many negative remarks on the 777, but by the last SP, it was a very good plane and I really liked it (yes, not as refined as PMDG/LDS but still worth the $). Thanks for the review,PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.