Sign in to follow this  
Guest fyrestrtr

777 Level Flight?

I am having problems getting the 777 to have its nose level with the horizon on the HSI during flight.At first I thought it was the trim settings, but even when I set the trim properly as per the FMC output, the plane always has a nose up attitude during cruise.Right now, for example -- it is almost 5 degrees nose up at FL400 :|When I disengage the AP and try to trim the plane out, it does a steep dive; and it seems the only way it can hold the programmed altitude is with a nose up orientation.Am I missing something in the procedures or during climb?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Most airliners fly with a slight nose up attitude during level flight. More economical apparantly. 5 degrees at FL400 sounds nothing abnormal - the nose up angle will get higher at higher altitudes.

HiA slight nose up attitude is normal for all of the big jets The most common point is between 2.5 and 5.0 degrees which increase the higher you fly.With the displays in FS you will often see the nose of the aircraft sitting at the 5.0 degree line.Dont worry!Norman