Sign in to follow this  
Guest cecilsav

Where do I get Version 1.3?

Guest cecilsav

OK. I bought the 757 from the Just Flight website because the Phoenix site will not allow a purchase. While installing it said version 1.0 was loading. I know there is a 1.3 somewhere but where do I find it. I read that you go to the PSS website and look under "my files" but since I did not purchase there I have nothing in my files. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.Cecil Savage

Cecil,You can check on the Just Flight forum but I am pretty sure that they have the final PSS version.John R

HiJust Flights version 1 is version 1.3 from the PSS siteNorman

Guest cecilsav

Thanks guys.Cecil Savage

Merry Christmas to All!I, too, just got the PSS 757 from JustFlight via the download service (present from the wife).Install went well and I see that the JustFlight version is VER 1.0. I note from others here referring to this, that JustFlight's version 1.0 is the equivelent of PSS's Ver 1.3The install went fine. However, I cannot load the tutorial flight PSS752ybbn (for the Brisbane to Sydney flight). Attempting to load this flight results in an "AIRCRAFT INITIALISATION FAILURE - PW Rear Hatch Exit HOUSE" or similar such error. Please note that I first loaded the default Seattle/Cessna flight from the Creat A Flight menu.I tried manually loading a BA 757-200 RR version and placing it at Brisbane, however, I cannot get going with the tutorial because loading an aircraft this way, results in no display of the PANEL SWITCHER (I tried all the SHIFT + options but although I can get the various sub-panels to show, I can't get the PANEL SWITCHER to appear) and also no EXT. POWER from the ground is available - so I cannot get the aircraft running (APU will not work without ground air).Anyone got any ideas? Re-install?Thanks for your time,cheers,Lee

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Guest Mike Phyrio

Heh. That gave me fits too. The Panel Switcher (that li'l debbil) can be accessed through the views menu and instrument panel selection. You'll see it listed there....down toward the bottom of the selections. Sometimes, when you save a flight, the next time you activate that flight, the panel switcher is right where you left it; sometimes not. I still haven't figured that one out yet. The nice thing about the panel switcher is that it is movable. I put mine down at the bottom of the screen where it's outta the way of the SB window and anything else that may choose to go there.

Lee; Mike.There were several errors in the original PSS release aircraft.cfg file relating to liveries and I recall one that affected Steven's tutorial. It looks as though it has stayed with JF after PSS updated. I do not have access to my FS at the moment - as many, I am away with family for Xmas.I'll be back home in 36 hours - if you are still having problems I will can you a new aircraft.cfg to get the tutorial loaded.John Rooum

Hi,Well, I finally sorted it all out and got into the air today! Actually, the aircraft is not bad at all except that it climbs like a rocket! Derate, derate !!!I discovered after several failures, that the two fonts that seem to be the subject of dozens of discussions on forums here and elsewhere, were missing. Not only were they missing but the PSS 757 install, that should have inserted them for me, did not - even after a second install. I discovered a link to them somewhere, downloaded them and it all began to happen for me. The initialisation failure still happened and for the love of mike, searching through the AIRCRAFT.CFG files in the installation, I could not find the offending entry.Anyhow, I finally managed to load the BA 757 at Brisbane and got the aircraft going. Did the flight fine, but discovered that on the baseleg heading of ->180 with LOC selected, the aircraft turned right (the wrong way) and right around in the opposite direction to the localiser. I also noticed that the ILS deviator on the ND was in the correct position for intercept but the corresponding pointer on the PDF was in the opposite direction! Anyhow, I circled around and landed visually and manually. She handles quite nicely at low speed - nice change from the PMDG 744 which is my normal bird.I'm assuming that the anomaly with the ILS was due to an AIRAC issue. I have the PSS Airbus A330-200 so I already have a PSS Navdata installation - which the 757 install overwrote! Fortunately, I have a backup. I have the latest stuff from Navigraph so I'll update the AIRAC and we'll see where we go.The main problem though, was caused by the missing fonts - I had no text at all on the SETUP screen (accessed from the panel switcher) and so could not get ground power or air.Now I'm away (and a checklist as well!) and I have saved a situation to hopefully forestall any situation changes.Thanks for all your input here.Merry Christmas!Lee

Lee James

spacer.png

Hi Lee,If you do some research in the forum you will find a lot of talk early on about the climb rates.This bird does climb as fast as a fighter in certain circumstances and this is normal!If you try a fully laden flight and try a climb to 35000 ft this should take you 25 minutes approx.If your plane does that then you have no problems!Enjoy the 757.RegardsNormanex bav

Hi Norman,>>If you do some research in the forum you will find a lot of talk early on about the climb rates.This bird does climb as fast as a fighter in certain circumstances and this is normal!If you try a fully laden flight and try a climb to 35000 ft this should take you 25 minutes approx.If your plane does that then you have no problems!Enjoy the 757.< Nice plane tho ...>>Norman ex bav<

Lee James

spacer.png

Guest NormanB

>>>Norman ex bav<<>>Ex-BAV? Not Norman Blackburn surely? When were you with>BAV? Did you have to leave?Nope, since that would be me and I am (back again) with BAV.

Hi Lee,My name is Norman Bowman not Blackburn - I had to quit BAV because of illness ( I have had a rare illness which attacks the bodysalt balance and is very dangerous and debillitating,less that 10 cases per year in the world).Back to 757 matters ,a good site to look at is www.757.org.uk who provide lots of detail including climb rate comments.Norman Bowman

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.