Sign in to follow this  
LarryRF

Talked to Graham

With his permission, I've attached the email he sent me. I hope this calms some peoples worries here. I know it did mine :) Start at the bottom.With whatever problems Graham is having, I hope he gets it worked out and can return to us soon.LarryLarry thanks

I used to despise all the whingers & moaners on here who whine about the smallest things, but I am afraid I am turning into one of those.If you have received a mail from Graham then he has net access, if he has net access then he can access these forums, if he can access these forums he can make a post himself without relying on a proxy post from someone else, I find this very bizarre.__________________________________________________Q400 DriverQVA CFI

I agree, if you read my email you would see the same ideas. However, the word I recieved is better than none at all :) I did not go into his reasons, problems etc as I feel that is none of my business. If he has a problem posting here, thats none of my business either. My main concern (and others here?) is if our purchases are safe. That we will not lose them or have to rely upon our own methods of backing up. He has stated that something will be done. I'm content with that.Larry

Guest jaglover

>I used to despise all the whingers & moaners on here who>whine about the smallest things, but I am afraid I am turning>into one of those.>If you have received a mail from Graham then he has net>access, if he has net access then he can access these forums,>if he can access these forums he can make a post himself>without relying on a proxy post from someone else, I find this>very bizarre.>__________________________________________________>>Q400 Driver>>QVA CFII agree. A good businessman would have personally informed his customer base long ago. Despite his words to the contrary I don't think PSS is ever going to return. And if they do, how can we customers be sure that the same shenanigans won't happen again. Quite simply I don't think Graham cares one iota about PSS and their customers.

>I agree. A good businessman would have personally informed>his customer base long ago. Despite his words to the contrary>I don't think PSS is ever going to return. And if they do,>how can we customers be sure that the same shenanigans won't>happen again. Quite simply I don't think Graham cares one>iota about PSS and their customers.If that were true, would not the web site be closed?

Dave Taylor gb.png

It seems to be unreachable at the moment :( Perhaps it's just a glitch.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest jaglover

>>I agree. A good businessman would have personally informed>>his customer base long ago. Despite his words to the>contrary>>I don't think PSS is ever going to return. And if they do,>>how can we customers be sure that the same shenanigans won't>>happen again. Quite simply I don't think Graham cares one>>iota about PSS and their customers.>>>If that were true, would not the web site be closed?Perhaps the web site's active until the contract with the hosting company expires? This is quite common with businesses that go under and have prepaid for hosting service. And Dave, can you in all honesty come up with a good reason why Graham has refused to personally comment about the situation? Not only haven't we heard from him over this dark period in PSS history, but we heard NOTHING from him during the 757 debacle. Do his actions really sound like someone who cares about his business? A good business owner would want to smooth things over with irate customers. Graham did nothing of the sort. And then there's the matter of Steven jumping ship and, according to Ben Jones, PSS employees haven't been paid for months. No offense, Dave, but I think you need to look at the big picture.Mark

DaveWhat purpose does the website serve to us? I'll tell you, absolutely nothing, you can't purchase from it and you can't get support from it, it's no more use than a chocolate teapot. The only thing the website is doing is allowing us who have paid for aircraft to download them before the plug is pulled__________________________________________________Q400 DriverQVA CFI

Seems the norm; now. Take a look over at 'Flightzone' scenery forum and wonder why the best ever scenery designer (Better than anything you see in FS10) has gone 'AWOL' but the site is still working.Now ask your self why one man got an answer that he kindly shared with us (Which is more than the fans of Flightzone recieved) and try and have some understanding of other peoples problems of reality outside of flightsim exists.Flightsim is a fantasy................LIFE IS A REALITY. Yes, the ideal thing would have been if Graham had made some sort of announcement but for whatever reasons he didn't. Is that the end of the world? I think not but, the more slagging he gets the less likely he is to return.Let's just hope he does eh, and with a great sim. Then the opinions will change..............ermmm WON'T THEY?The applications for beta testing will be awesome eh?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Haha welcome to the club Rob :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Fs is indeed fantasy, but the money we pay to play it is quite real - small amounts or not that principle needs to be respected. Add to that all the now long dead horses beaten since the T7, and now a second hand 'maybe'??Mr Waterfield et al have a LOT of work to do if they are ever to be taken seriously again - THAT's reality.regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

Well said MarkDave, Flight sim is no more of a fantasy than the game of cricket or football I play some weekends, Mark has it spot on here, I think you are being rather forgetful of the common denominator in all this, it's called money, and good money spent as well. If you were to buy a car or new television which had "issues" wouldn't you be peeved if the support for it suddenly disappeared? I don't want to pry into your personal life because I have better things to do, but maybe some people on here can't afford to be buying a second rate product, maybe some people here, and remember there are alot of kids here, have saved up their pocket money for weeks or months to be able to afford to purchase a PSS product in good faith. Maybe the money spent on PSS by yourself is insignificant, but just remember there are people here with different motives to yourself, and that should be perfectly acceptable to you. No matter how well we feel we are "part of the flight sim family" here remember PSS were made who they were by the paying public, no different to any business, some directly and some indirectly, but the public is what makes companies what they are.There is no excuse for PSS not to post on here and let people know what is happening, it doesn't matter how small the info, it will all be pertinent, even a retailer that is going out of business has the decency to put up a sign in the window.How hard can it be for a member of PSS to post something here? you are harping on about them not likely to as they are getting slagged, what do you expect? and quite frankly it is my opinion that the majority of PSS users on this forum couldn't give one iota now whether they have gone out of business or not. PSS are expendable remember, no developer is bigger than the horses that feed it, and if one drops by the wayside (PSS), there will be someone else willing to develop. __________________________________________________Q400 DriverQVA CFI

What defies comprehension is that it was left to Tom to explain the withdrawl of PSS support on Avsim. There is no PSS presence here and no attempt being made to retain customer goodwill.I always had the impression that customer service was very much Normans role and from his departure PSS mgmt failed to recruit or cover this aspect of the business.I have seen at firsthand technical manager/directors frightened of communicating with customers who are less than satisfied and have found such evasion a dereliction of management responsibility - where does the buck stop? And guaranteed to make the customer feel worse.In very small organizations founded by individuals with a flair for the technical aspects of the products, elementary business process - planning, sales, support, management and communication can get ignored simply because the directors aren't interested and regard human- beings as an inconvenience.PSS development had been shakey for sometime - remember the 757 load editor fiasco - Norman left high and dry on these boards.If PSS directors foresee any future venture in this field they'd find it in their own interests to bite-the-bullet and talk to their customers.