Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

Startup of 777

HiI have a couple of questions1. is there anywhere where I can find a startup guide of how to start from cold and dark? I was thinking of something where it will tell you which panel to do each step on and provide a clipping of a screenshot of the buttons to press. It is just so confusing on what to do. I am going for my cat 5 at United and this would really help.2. is there a setting to make the aircraft cold and dark at the start or do I have to shut everything down and restart it up?united want's me to have it cold and dark and start the recorder before startup, this is why I need the manual.ThanksAnthony

Anthony,1.Use the set up panel - that's what its there for! Remember when you set C&D but you need to restart FS9. After that the 777 will always start C&D until you change at the start up panel.2.Ditto3. If you want the correct shut down procedure at the end of your flight at the gate, you should be able To find a full checklist on AVSIMJohn R

Hi AnthonyUnder the menu heading Pss you should find an item for setting up the panel-panel config is its name.I am assuming that you have the download version of the T7.If you have the Just Flight CD version the same item is to be found under the Just Flight/777 Pro heading.Checklists for the T7 can be obtained free-I think from www.FreeChecklists.netRegardsNorman

Folks,We seem to be getting confused here; or there is a different version around to that sold by PSS?There is no FS9 menu for PSS {thats how PMDG do it} for either 777 or 757. PSS use the panel switcher which, if you have loaded the 777 correctly, appears along the top of the screen in 2D panel. Click SET to get to the set up menu then SET UP/START UP OPTIONS to get the C+D setting.You will find all the other panel options within this set up panel.John Rooum

John,I did not explain the menu item in the correct way-its the christmas spirit!I was referring to the PSS item which appears in the start menu of the computer not the menus within FS!RegardsNorman

Ho Norman,Know the feeling; but PSS only put the following links in the Start menu:PDF for tutorial flight and manualsload editor and fuel planneruninstllGuess you really mean that in the Root FS9/PSS/777 folder there is a Panelconfig.dat file which can be used to set C&D etc but at your own risk for those not used to manipulating these files.John

JohnI have the boxed version of the T7 so I was assuming that like the Airbus Pro the panel config would be in the start up menu.Assumptions can be dangerous!Norman

I am trying to fly the tutorial flight, for some reason after programming the cdu I can not arm vnav, does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?thanksAnthony

Hi AnthonyJust checked the printed manual and can confirm that both LNAV and Vnav should come to life after FMC is done with loading.Is this plane subject to the compatability problem also?I have both the 757 and the t7 on my vista machine but I did not load them using the compatability menu-I just downloaded and installed using the rt click run as administrator!The compatability item could be your problem!RegardsNorman

Or it could be a simple typo in programming the CDU. Does LNAV arm ok. Have you any alert messages on the CDU?John R

lnav arms finethanksAnthonyI am not sure what in the cdu exactly sets up the vnav, vspeeds? what else?

Anthony,The usual problem if VNAV will not arm is that you have set a cruise altitude in the CDU which the aircraft cannot make. You should get a warning on the CDU but it can be missed if you have closed the panel.BTW V speeds are nothing to do with VNav; they are the take off speeds: V1; VR and V2.Not sure where you are in the world but the last few issues of PC Pilot magazine have had some very good tutorials on the whole FMC and especially VNAv.John Rooum

Have a look here:http://www.pcpilot.net/Then look at the back issues that are available.Published down the road from me but subscriptions seem the same UL or USA.John r

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.