Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Backup your PSS files

There has been no word since the initial announcement of a possible new owner for PSS over a month ago. At the moment, there is no legal way of recovering your files.DJ

I'm just looking for somewhere to download the Dash-8 Manuals...is there anywhere that has the pdf's availible?Surely the manuals are free :)

Is there anyone that I can contact in regards to obtaining my previous purchases?Mark

Unfortunately, there is no one...DJ

PSS is out of business and no longer trading. If you can find GW, you can certainly drop him an email (if you have an address) and request your files. If you have read over this forum, you will see that you are not the only person who has been left bereft... Do, however, please understand that no one here has any affiliation in any way with PSS and that we have no inside information as to what (if anything) will happen with regard to legitimate owners who can no longer access their files.DJ

Guest Captain Jack Sparrow

They're all gone, Mate. No more PSS, no servers, no name at all to the business nor any existance of current product. Sure there are CD versions out there for sale, but you'll have to pay aditional for the priveledge of owning a copy of the files on CD (seperate, unrelated company producing these). This forum is no longer support, but rather just a place for peer-to-peer conversation about the product.

I've read over the forum, however I suppose someone might have known a way to get in touch, like one of the developers or something. I do appreciate the comments though.

Guest yv-bd9

PleaseI would like to know which is the correct procedure to re-install the pss 757...I have already re-installed the a3x series (copy/paste) without any problem, but after doing the same with the 757, everytime the plane loads, the screeb comes black and ctd occursplease helpme to re-install this birdrgds

Have you remembered to copy and paste the file "voronoi.dat" into the root FS9 folder?John R

Guest yv-bd9

Yes I did, also copy/paste the fonts.But it remains ctd... the aircraft load, but instantly black screen and ctdthks

Fonts would have not caused a ctd. I assume that you have a straight ctd with no error message.Looks as though some file is missing or mis-placed. If it happens with all 757 variants, look first at the common files: those in the aircraft/PSS-B757 folder, the gauges folder, texture folder {unlikely} and the PSS/757 folder. See the relevant post on this forum to check you have the correct files in the correct place.John R

Guest crasher

Hi, Just seen your request for PSS Dash manuals.Did you manage to get some? If not I have them. Alan (crasher)

Okay this is my problem. When I start my PSS777 I have no fonts showing in my insturments. I was told to look for two files by the name of "baloo.ttf & irs_ttf in the WINDOWS/FONTS folder. I could not find these two folders so how do I go about getting these two files. Reinstalling is not an option because I have no backups because of the closure of PSS.What caused this problem in the first place is that I mistakenly deleted my C:partition trying to install VISTA. Luckely my FS9 is installed to another patition or I would not have an PSS acft at all. See pic for example

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.