Sign in to follow this  
Guest vrandar

Backup your PSS files

Do I just have to cut & past into the windows folder?

Okay I figured out. I just copied them into my windows folder/fonts and started up FS9 and pss777 and everything was good to hook Thanks so much for your help. One other thing, how do I backup my PSS777 if I have to reinstall it?

Well, copy your entire T7 folder (PSSB77704), all the T7 aircraft type folders, the fonts, and voronai.dat (in the main FS folder) and the entire PSS subfolder in the main FS folder.DJ

Guest kick

Scoob,You should go back to your own forum (Feelthere/Wilco) and make the sheriff there, but here we don't need your advises.You don't really contribute to help folks, your purpose aren't civilian and don't bring a new light...!Kick

Guest Pro-Sim

The only thing I can't get my head around is why people are wasting time here, trying to install PSS products. Everything released since Airbus Pro (A319/20) has been tired looking, FS2002-like in appearance and with a distinct laziness in efforts to raise quality; things like airbus and boeing models having the same sounds, etc, etc.Have you not seen some of the fantastic releases out there ? Go and buy E-Jets PIC, if you want an amazing new airliner that pushes the boundaries of FS2004. Even better buy some nice GA aircraft from RealAir or Digital Aviation or Eaglesoft, they are all of a quality level that leaves PSS's cartoon efforts for dead.I purchased 2 or 3 of PSS's later products (I never learn) and was just pleased to get them deleted from my hard drive to get the space back. The old PSS fan-boys won't like it (and will delete this post) but it's fact..

Guest Knikolaes

>The only thing I can't get my head around is why people are>wasting time here, trying to install PSS products. Everything>released since Airbus Pro (A319/20) has been tired looking,>FS2002-like in appearance and with a distinct laziness in>efforts to raise quality; things like airbus and boeing models>having the same sounds, etc, etc.>>Have you not seen some of the fantastic releases out there ? >Go and buy E-Jets PIC, if you want an amazing new airliner>that pushes the boundaries of FS2004. Even better buy some>nice GA aircraft from RealAir or Digital Aviation or>Eaglesoft, they are all of a quality level that leaves PSS's>cartoon efforts for dead.>>I purchased 2 or 3 of PSS's later products (I never learn) and>was just pleased to get them deleted from my hard drive to get>the space back. >>The old PSS fan-boys won't like it (and will delete this post)>but it's fact.>>.I think a lot of us do not care so much about graphics as simply an aircraft that we like. I, for instance, can fall into that catagory. Do not get me wrong, for i do love good graphics, but I am a student pilot at a flight school studying for commercial ratings and it is a dream of mine to fly the 757. I know there is "another" 757 out there, but it is a pain in the neck to operate in the virtual sense and the company was not logical or motivated at all in the way they released it. PSS' 757 was a single package and was easily backed up for future use and worked beautifully for me (I was able to use all of my real world 757 manuals with it successfully and make the numbers and performance match).Until another developer besides CS develops an actual quality 757 for FSX, FS9 is staying installed for me just for the 757 from PSS.

A couple of things. First its your 'opinion', not fact. Second PSS animation on the 757 is not cartoonish, perhaps you have an example of the cartoonishness if that is a word. 3rd, PSS will be passed up by a reputable Sim maker designing a new 757. So far they're 767 hasn't been called cartoonish. I do totally agree though that the E-Jet series brings something new to the table. >The only thing I can't get my head around is why people are>wasting time here, trying to install PSS products. Everything>released since Airbus Pro (A319/20) has been tired looking,>FS2002-like in appearance and with a distinct laziness in>efforts to raise quality; things like airbus and boeing models>having the same sounds, etc, etc.>>Have you not seen some of the fantastic releases out there ? >Go and buy E-Jets PIC, if you want an amazing new airliner>that pushes the boundaries of FS2004. Even better buy some>nice GA aircraft from RealAir or Digital Aviation or>Eaglesoft, they are all of a quality level that leaves PSS's>cartoon efforts for dead.>>I purchased 2 or 3 of PSS's later products (I never learn) and>was just pleased to get them deleted from my hard drive to get>the space back. >>The old PSS fan-boys won't like it (and will delete this post)>but it's fact.>>.

Guest jetlag76

I am reinstalling from my backup files but i get a ctd everytime i load the 757 i realized (going thru the forum) i dont have the voronoi.dat in the fs9 root can someone pls send me this file..thanks in advancetrkahraman@hotmail.com

Guest DannyITR

Hi guys, I'm sure this question has been asked but how do I install PSS Airbus files now? I'm a paying customer who just bought a new computer. This company Just Flight sells an Airbus adon....is this the same as PSS because it doesn't seem to say in the product description. I'm totally lost.

They (the A320 Professional and A340 Professional packages) are exactly the same and have all the latest patches if you get the download versions. The CD has some patches that need to be applied. The patches are available from JustFlight on their support pages.DJ

Thanks Roy, that's good advice and very useful information. However, for those of us who didn't manage to do this, and only have the installer files backed up, is there any hope? I really am in despair about all of this, and I can't understand why PSS couldn't have made arrangements for their valued customers before they disappeared.Well anyway I'm sure this has all been said many times before, I'm just depressed because I've just discovered that I only have the .exe files. :(

Guest Knikolaes

>Thanks Roy, that's good advice and very useful information.>However, for those of us who didn't manage to do this, and>only have the installer files backed up, is there any hope? I>really am in despair about all of this, and I can't understand>why PSS couldn't have made arrangements for their valued>customers before they disappeared.>>Well anyway I'm sure this has all been said many times before,>I'm just depressed because I've just discovered that I only>have the .exe files. :( I think it was in another thread about the PSS files that someone mentioned this, but P2P sites are hope. Yes, yes, i know it screams "Piracy", but frankly if you legally own the product then you have a right to the files in whatever way you can access them.I found out I incorrectly backed up my A320 series, thus ended up using a P2P transfer to regain the files . . . . just before trashing FS9 to make the official switch completely to FSX. :-P

Ah you've finally made the move eh :) I've not been brave enough yet, mostly because 90% of my enjoyment of FS comes from the addons, and I don't see enough improvements in FSX to warrant the move. As a rule I generally skip a generation before upgrading so whatever comes after FSX might tempt me! Discovered that PSS servers are allowing downloads as long as you have the installer file so I'm in luck!

Guest Knikolaes

>Ah you've finally made the move eh :) I've not been brave>enough yet, mostly because 90% of my enjoyment of FS comes>from the addons, and I don't see enough improvements in FSX to>warrant the move. As a rule I generally skip a generation>before upgrading so whatever comes after FSX might tempt me!>Discovered that PSS servers are allowing downloads as long as>you have the installer file so I'm in luck!Aye I did make the move. Thank the gods for TweakFS and other helpful utilities to get it running smoothly. I also just upgraded to the specs in my signature so it runs halfway decent :-)Glad they got the servers back up!!! That's great news. Now if only someopne would release a quality 757 for FSX . . .

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.